1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
But yes, going back to the list.

How many of them do you think ter Stegen is better than at pure goalkeeping?

JamDav1982

There have been very little rumours of Barca looking to replace MATS.

It is nowhere near as easy as folk think if he was as bad as is made out.

Sailor Mars

While the build-up/being good with your feet aspect is getting increasingly important in modern football and is important for us, how many GKs is he better than at pure goalkeeping? Not taking anything else into consideration.

How do you rate him in comparison to:

Alisson

Ederson

Neuer

Mendy

Donnarumma

Courtois

Oblak

Keylor Navas

Emi Martinez

Your use of pure goalkeeping seems to imply that distribution, passing, and ball playing ability aren't pure.

Perhaps you meant shot stopping ability. Even then, he is conservatively in the top 5 among that list currently.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Your use of pure goalkeeping seems to imply that distribution, passing, and ball playing ability aren't pure.

Perhaps you meant shot stopping ability. Even then, he is conservatively in the top 5 among that list currently.

Yes, poor choice of words on my part perhaps.

Who's he better than in that list in your opinion?

JamDav1982

Donnarumma rumours popped up last summer. I think they were looking for some market opportunities.

Never even remotely close to happening or a possibility.

Barca never tried to sign him or could have afforded him.

Donnaruma another one that makes far more mistakes than is made out and not nearly as good on ball as MATS which matters for how Xavi/Barca want to play.

Sailor Mars

There were Donnaruma rumors in the summer, and recently Lafont/Dragowski/etc. rumors. The latest rumor is that we'll have Pena "compete" with him, however.

I guess it is a wait and see approach if we are hinging MATS's status as a world class keeper on if Xavi and the board decide to keep him or bring someone else in as a starter.

serghei

It's bad news when Kevin fucking Trapp saves tougher shots than you.

Passing was spot on, too bad he has to use his hands from time to time.

Joan

Can't blame him for the goal.

Though I can't help feeling he's about to do something stupid.

Home of Barca Fans