1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
apparently good progress is being made in his transfer but idk how reliable the source was. it was on barcastuff.

It was Madrid based paper AS which reported it.

I personally won't believe it unless some Barca director flies to Germany for negotiatons :zubi:

BorussiaBarcelona

apparently good progress is being made in his transfer but idk how reliable the source was. it was on barcastuff.

There've been rumors swirling around lately that Barca indeed talked to ter Stegens manager and the even club being informed as well.
Though, it seems like those talks are about him joining Barca in 2014.

How reliable those rumors are? That I don't know for sure.

desoe

Inter has the best GK in Serie A. Unless they plan to sell Handa, I don't see why they'd want another one. Weak point in those rumours

Musli

And it's not like Szczesny is a complete scrub either. I think Arsenal have higher priorities than a new goalkeeper.

BorussiaBarcelona

Interesting. What's the rumors in Germany at the moment?

None whatsoever, at least officially(newspapers etc.)

There are some rumors about him and Barca even having agreed but no one knowing when he'll exactly(this summer or next) join.

Though, I only believe it when a news site like kicker.de writes about it.

XaviMessiGirl

Inter has the best GK in Serie A. Unless they plan to sell Handa, I don't see why they'd want another one. Weak point in those rumours

Exactly. And I have no idea how or why a Spanish paper supposedly knows about the goings-on between an Italian and German club, but the papers in those two respective countries don't, unless I've missed something. Probably just trying to stir shit to make it look like there's a chance he might go to another club besides Barca.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Or Handanovic could be sold for a big amount, and they will try to sign MAtS as a long-term replacement?

BorussiaBarcelona

Well, it's an article about ter Stegen being back with the German national team and playing on that US trip.

They also state those comments of Alvaro Dominguez, who said that Marc is learning spanish.

And they quote ter Stegen answering their question about Barca angy stating:

„Ach, lasst das doch!“ which means "Leave it be" or "Don't ask"

I think he's pretty tired about those rumors and questions all the time.

BTW: Borussias Homepage has a different quote from a player, manager, coach etc. every day.
Today(how fittingly) they've got a quote from ter Stegen saying.

"We've got to do everything in ower power to bring the club back to Europe next year".

So I guess he's still planning on playing for Borussia, at least another season.

kozza

Thanks.
IMO, saying "Leave it be" means he doesn't want to confirm nor deny rumors, which most probably means there is Barça interest on him.

Home of Barca Fans