1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

0n0mat0p0eia

I'm not sure being a bench warmer for a year or two help any player to learn anything (except the language perhaps). That's not something I would call "the perfect scenario".

I think that what was meant was we buy both, play Reina, and let ter Stegen learn by perhaps staying with Borussia for a year.

spark

There is absolutely no way Reina should have the slightest sniff of being our number one. Not even for a year.

loozy

About the kicker-rating system: they base it on observation and not on stats which is alright since their system has been around way since before stats came into play and they are actually quite fair. They judge how much a goalkeeper has to do, how busy he is and how he behaves and if he saves the game or loses it. Then they give a grade like in school, with 1 being the best and 6 being the worst you can get.

As for Reina/ter Stegen: maybe people should watch Reina on a regular basis before coming up with stuff, honestly. He might not be at his best this season but he has been good and in the 2nd half of the season, very good.

BorussiaBarcelona

I don't think you've read any of my posts.

-Pretty much any goalkeeper knows to always be prepared when the opposition is attacking. Ter Stegen wasn't having his best day and wasn't prepared when needed, so he was punished for it; that's professional football and that is how high the standard is. Once again I'm reiterating that he isn't bad, it was just a poor game. Don't take what I said as an offensive remark towards ter Stegen.
-Courtois has been better, not just because of the final, I was just saying that ter Stegen vs Bayern today was nothing compared to Courtois vs Madrid as some people were suggesting. Other than that Courtois has been great this season when under a lot of pressure at times.
-I agree that ter Stegen should in the best case scenario stay at BM for another year while Valdes stays at Barca for another season. However if the circumstances be such that he either comes now or never, I'd certainly opt for him to join Barca now.

I've read your posts and I think your judgement of ter Stegen is ridicoulus.

I also watched a lot of Courtois and I don't think he's better then ter Stegen.
He currently plays behind the best defense of La Liga and looks pretty good because of that.
Just one season ago, ter Stegen was playing behind the probably best defense of the Bundesliga and looked great as well.

Also, I would understand if you'd judge ter Stegen by this season(as a whole) and point out some of the mistakes he made but saying that he was bad in yesterdays games and should've saved the first two goals is pretty strange.

It's also pretty normal for a young guy to not be "perfect" or consistant throughout a whole season and therefore we both agree that ter Stegen needs at least another year at Gladbach. ;)

For everyone here that is defending Ter Stegen: Are you really watching a midtable german team like Gladbach week in week out?(with the exception of the german guys/girls of course.)
It is like in the Santana thread, that people cannot believe how this player is not good enough just because he is a top 10 player in video games. It is crazy how many people are willing to make everyone believe that this guy should be our next goalkeeper.

Well, I do, but I'm a Gladbach fan from Germany who's watched nearly every game he's played at the pro Level for the full 90 minutes.

No, he is not. If you want a German goalie, get someone with experience, who has been between the posts for more than two or three seasons.

Well, Rene Adler(Hamburg) might be available for the right price.
Though, he's not as good as he was before all of his injuries(he was Germanys #1 for the WC 2010, but got injured) even though he had a nice comeback season.

I like Ter Stegen but this is true. If he is to join he'd have to be groomed and nurtured before he can become first choice. So either we buy two GKs with one of them being him and the other an experienced one or not buy him. He would certainly be a risk.

Although not getting him could mean we could lose out on a potentially great keeper.

I don't think you buy him to groom him to become the #1 option.
You either buy him and play him, or you look elsewhere, given the money you'd spend on aquiring him.

BTW: Regarding the Kicker rating system.
It's pretty biased and there are players they like(which always get good notes) and some they don't.
I've watched games and there were guys, that were clearly players of the game or close to it and they get rated like some run ins that shouldn't have been on the pitch etc.

It's a good, in depth website but I wouldn't put all my faith in their rating system.

rafals

I agree that bringing him just for him to sit on the bench would make no sense. Then perhaps the right decision would be to buy ter Stegen and loan him out to Gladbach or somewhere else for this one last season, just like Chelsea did with Courtois? That would secure this transfer, because we are not the only ones interested in him. That all depends on our transfer priorities of course... and how would our budget look like after we make them happen.

Last edited:
LOL at people trying to make him out as if he is inferior to Courtois based on their last game, Courtois made two good saves, one which was straight at his leg the other save was unbelivabubble, Ter Stegen made numerous saves without despite conceding four goals should have been like 7-3 or more not just 4-3 had it not been for him

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
LOL at people trying to make him out as if he is inferior to Courtois based on their last game, Courtois made two good saves, one which was straight at his leg the other save was unbelivabubble, Ter Stegen made numerous saves without despite conceding four goals should have been like 7-3 or more not just 4-3 had it not been for him

As I said before it could go the other way as well. Had he been prepared/positioned for some of the goals, it could've been 3-1 to BM. Courtois has been better than him and grown a lot since last season, not just because of Atletico's defense. I still believe ter Stegen has more potential, but at a young age he needs to iron out these flaws.

loozy

Well, Rene Adler(Hamburg) might be available for the right price.
Though, he's not as good as he was before all of his injuries(he was Germanys #1 for the WC 2010, but got injured) even though he had a nice comeback season.

I've stated before that I wouldn't mind seeing someone like Adler and Trapp at Barca as they have the experience to play as the number one immediately whereas ter Stegen would need time since he is so young.

Given the fact that HSV's defense is a joke, Adler has done excellently :D *bar that one match against München :p*

khaled_a_d

I've stated before that I wouldn't mind seeing someone like Adler and Trapp at Barca as they have the experience to play as the number one immediately whereas ter Stegen would need time since he is so young.

Given the fact that HSV's defense is a joke, Adler has done excellently :D *bar that one match against München :p*

Casillas & VV were younger when they became RM&Barca no 1,same with De Gea at manu ,Cech was just 1 year older when he became Chelsea starting GK .just saying

loozy

Casillas & VV were younger when they became RM&Barca no 1,same with De Gea at manu ,Cech was just 1 year older when he became Chelsea starting GK .just saying

They were used to the playing style, though, were they, especially Valdes and Casillas?

khaled_a_d

They were used to the playing style, though, were they, especially Valdes and Casillas?

Casillas played 48 games in 1999-2000 season ,he was 18 that year ,3 years younger than Stegan is now
Valdes : played 14 games in 2002-2003 b4 becoming full time starting GK next season ,he was born in jan 1982 ,he was a few months older than Stegan now ,but without half his experience
Cech ,born in 1982 too ,moved to Chelsea in 2004 ,again just 1 more year older than Stegan ,probably with just same experience
Don't think I've to explain De Gea as that happened from just 2 years
btw ,I think the whole used to the system is very overrated for a GK
one last thing ,Trapp is just 2 years older than Stegan with less experience than Stegan
Stegan has played 74 Bundisliga games ,Trapp 58 ,Stegan has played 2 UCL qualification games+7 Euro league games which isn't a lot but way more than Trapp o games
yeah ,Trapp looks way more experienced ;)

loozy

one last thing ,Trapp is just 2 years older than Stegan with less experience than Stegan
Stegan has played 74 Bundisliga games ,Trapp 58 ,Stegan has played 2 UCL qualification games+7 Euro league games which isn't a lot but way more than Trapp o games
yeah ,Trapp looks way more experienced ;)

Hm, seriously? Could've sworn that Trapp was around for longer than ter Stegen. Surprised there.

BorussiaBarcelona

I agree that bringing him just for him to sit on the bench would make no sense. Then perhaps the right decision would be to buy ter Stegen and loan him out to Gladbach or somewhere else for this one last season, just like Chelsea did with Courtois? That would secure this transfer, because we are not the only ones interested in him. That all depends on our transfer priorities of course... and how would our budget look like after we make them happen.

ter Stegen and the Club have already stated that he'll play for Gladbach next season.
So I doubt that he'll sign with anyone this summer and I doubt Gladbach would go for the sell and loan route you suggest.

Alder's had at least as many lapses as ter Stegen had this season and given how people seem to judge players on single games, I think that Bayern match would rule him out to ever play for Barca. :p

khaled_a_d

ter Stegen and the Club have already stated that he'll play for Gladbach next season.
So I doubt that he'll sign with anyone this summer and I doubt Gladbach would go for the sell and loan route you suggest.

Alder's had at least as many lapses as ter Stegen had this season and given how people seem to judge players on single games, I think that Bayern match would rule him out to ever play for Barca. :p
Player and clubs say all this kind of words a lot ,it rarely means anything tbh ,his contract is until 2015 ,we all know that players worth much less in the market in their last year ,if the club wants to get maximum amount of money it is better to sell now ,though I remember someone(may be you) already said they are in a very good financial position right now ,so who knows

Home of Barca Fans