1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Barca should try to get de gea

Why? So you can bench him and then ask to buy Courtois when De Gea doesn't live up to your expactations of being the GOAT when he's playing sporadically?

Doesn't mean ter Stegen doesn't deserve criticism though. He does. It's just that this forum is either too much praise or too much criticism. Both of them stupid.

DonAK

When a goalkeeper has conceded 4 or 5 goals frequently, he 's not just unlucky.

No, it just proves you know shit all about this game or just haven't watched much of it at all.

You can't hold a GK accountable for all the goals unless you're an idiot who thinks GKs should be Shaolin Soccer characters being capable of saving goals like superhumans.

DonAK

@DonAK I agree , you can blame him on the first goal but that's it. And welcome back.

Yep, I agree. First goal here. Didn't position himself as well as he arguably should have for Banega's FK(would have still not saved it though I guess) and had a part to play in one of Germany U21's goal.

Following that logic you could blame De Gea for all the goals in Man City's 6-1 win over his team in his debut season or the drubbings Courtois faced initially vs us and RM when he arrived at Atletico. Doesn't work that way,.

el chilenito

I know its just a loss in form but its pretty worrysome that he looks so low in confidence., 8 goals in two games plus not to mention in the under 21 tournament germany vs portugal 0-5. Hopefully he gets back into the rythm of things, we need both keepers to be to the usual high standards before the season starts. By the way dani alves was way more at fault for goals conceded than ter stegen.

bongo128

Calm down, he made a mistake fort the first goal ok (and the defender hit 1/100 strike), the others I can't blame him much. The lack of control in midfield was our problem in these two matches, not the goalkeeper.

BorussiaBarcelona

This forum sometimes is pure comedy gold.

Now watch Bravo play in the league and add some clean sheets against Elche and Levante, because they don't do anything going forward and with the team certainly being more cautios defensively thanks to their last outings. :lol:

I also don't get that loan him out crap.
You either play the guy and let him make a mistake or two, or you should just sell him and be done with it.
Craping on a 23 year old keeper who hardly played for a season just because he made a mistake isn't the most intelligent way of doing things.

ter Stegen had a couple of errors with Gladbach as well but always came back stronger and never let things get to him.

BTW: Bringing up that U-21 semifinal and throwing it into the mix is funny as hell.
That defense of the german team was pure crap and even got exposed against a Serbian team playing without their best offensive players.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
This kid has conceded 24 goals in 23 games with Barca. Bravo has conceded 19 goals in 37 games.

When it looked like the UEFA Super Cup was going to penalties, I absolutely had no faith in him and a sick feeling in my stomach.

Bravo at the current time is better and more seasoned, that's all there is to it.

(Save me the argument about how Ter Stegen played better comp, blah blah. He looks terrible with the U21 German squad too.)

BorussiaBarcelona

Look, you either give the kid a chance and play him or you don't.

All that let him season on the bench with a couple of cup games or loan him out(which means not really believing in him, further giving his critics more to use against him) makes no sense at all.

He made a mistake against Bilbao and is playing behind a "defense" that is playing like pure crap during this preseason.

So play him, or just sell him and be done with it. Sitting on the bench and playing a couple of games in the cup competitions won't help him or Barca(cause he won't further develop) at all.

Barcilliant

Ter Stegen will develop but he needs time. All young keepers make mistakes. Whether It's Neuer, Courtois or DeGea.
Bravo should start but I'm more worried about our defence then Ter Stegen.

Home of Barca Fans