1 - Victor Valdes

Jaumet

All round Nice Guy
How he stood up in the second save... Most keepers would of fallen to the grounf... GREAT GREAT save, instead of spreading and falling , he just stood up and then spread, totally stuffing up Drogbas attempted chip.. Bloody brilliant!

maz

I walk the line
Maybe I'm so anti-Valdes and can't help but be negative but the ball was kicked right at him. I'd expect any keeper to save the first, he did do well at the quick recovery to stop Drogba again.

The guy at the other end was what I'd call world class.
He made two mistakes.. Completely misjudged the path of the cross in the beginning, and not much later he flapped at a shot and was fortunate none of our players were there to take the rebound.

What else did he do that was world class? The rest of the shots were at him, and according to you you'd expect any keeper to save those shots.

Miggy

Mr Lover Man
Well if Valdes is being called world class because of having to deal with two shots then I feel Cech deserves some credit too. He's been far from his best lately but for me Cech on his day is a better keeper then Valdes will ever be.

But hey, it's opinions at the end of the day.

maz

I walk the line
Last night vv was world class. Cech was not. Im not saying vv is a better keeper than cech, but it says alot when you still give more credit to cech than vv last night.

Miggy

Mr Lover Man
Valdes hardly had anything to do. I personally can't see how he can be defined as world class for the game last night.

Evil

Shabazz
Had nothing to do ? I swear people here are so critical of Valdes, had Drogba scored that goal everyone would be complaining what a crap keeper we have and how we need an immediate replacement. But when he makes an one-on-one save which you can't even blame him for if he did conceed it, he recieves very little praise. Definatley MoM for me, I can't imagine the score line being 0-1. It's already difficult as it is playing at Stamford Bridge. I know it was only 1 save, but that 1 save kept us in the game.

[youtube]lzXRneMpTq8[/youtube]

Miggy

Mr Lover Man
You can show me the save as much as you like. What else did he do during the game? Obviously not his fault because Chelsea didn't attack.

I've said before he's a decent keeper but I fail to see how he's world class. Still being unable to get a national call up says a lot. Although it could just be down to the fact that Spain are fortunate to have such brilliant keepers to call upon ahead of him.

Evil

Shabazz
He doesn't need to do anything more ... what he did was more than enough. It was a world class save, I don't understand how you can disagree with that. Chelsea didn't attack at all, but when he was awake when he was tested.

Miggy

Mr Lover Man
So say Oleguer was to score a goal like Messi did against Getafe in the cup last season would that make him world class?

A world class save doesn't make him a world class goalkeeper imo.

Evil

Shabazz
He doesn't need to do anything more ... what he did was more than enough. It was a world class save, I don't understand how you can disagree with that. Chelsea didn't attack at all, but when he was awake when he was tested.

Who said anything about him being a world class keeper ?

Evil

Shabazz
He's made suicidal mistakes this season (Lyon goal, pass to De La Pena against Espanyol Etc.) true he isn't world class or anything, but you can't take any credit away from him when he deserves it, we would have been heading to Stamford Bridge with 1 goal down if it wasn't for him.

Miggy

Mr Lover Man
He's made suicidal mistakes this season (Lyon goal, pass to De La Pena against Espanyol Etc.) true he isn't world class or anything, but you can't take any credit away from him when he deserves it, we would have been heading to Stamford Bridge with 1 goal down if it wasn't for him.

If my aunt was a man she'd be my uncle.

Home of Barca Fans