1 - Victor Valdes

beef-supreme

Full credit to Valdes, he kept us in the 2-legged tie and he basically foiled Hiddink's "grab an away goal" plan. As did Touré and Piqué in my opinion.

maz

I walk the line
You can show me the save as much as you like. What else did he do during the game? Obviously not his fault because Chelsea didn't attack.

I've said before he's a decent keeper but I fail to see how he's world class. Still being unable to get a national call up says a lot. Although it could just be down to the fact that Spain are fortunate to have such brilliant keepers to call upon ahead of him.
Im talking about last night. The chelsea game. The one that you reluctantly gave credit to vv, but meanwhile said cech was world class.

Why was cech better than vv last night?

Miggy

Mr Lover Man
Im talking about last night. The chelsea game. The one that you reluctantly gave credit to vv, but meanwhile said cech was world class.

Why was cech better than vv last night?

I give credit to Cech for how quick he was off his line and get the block in for the Eto'o and Hleb chances. He was well positioned most of the time too although tbh we hardly troubled him but he was the busier of the two keepers.

Miggy

Mr Lover Man
lol, if that´s the best reply you can come up with then I´ll end the argument :smile:

Your argument was based on an assumption. What do you want me to say? I mean I could say if Drogba had scored the goal what if we then went on to score the Eto'o chance the Hleb chance and what if we got the penalty decision?

It was a great save. I don't see what else I need to say.

Evil

Shabazz
There´s no assumption ... Valdes made a great save and he desrves credit for it. Simple as. I don´t you why you choose a time like this to say how crap he is and not a world class keeper, instead of thanking him for keeping us in the game.

maz

I walk the line
I give credit to Cech for how quick he was off his line and get the block in for the Eto'o and Hleb chances. He was well positioned most of the time too although tbh we hardly troubled him but he was the busier of the two keepers.
But weren't those shots straight at him?

Miggy

Mr Lover Man
There´s no assumption ... Valdes made a great save and he desrves credit for it. Simple as. I don´t you why you choose a time like this to say how crap he is and not a world class keeper, instead of thanking him for keeping us in the game.

I said it was a great save but I don't see why it's just down to him that we're still in this tie. He was only called upon for that chance and granted he did his job but say if Eto'o scored 1 goal but played shit or did nothing else the rest of the game I wouldn't feel the need to thank him for doing his job.

Evil

Shabazz
No maz ... It's diffrent because Cech is a world class keeper, and whatever Valdes saves is irrelevenat because he's obviously not world class ........

Miggy

Mr Lover Man
But weren't those shots straight at him?

Only because he came out quickly and yes he got lucky that the shot them at him but he still needed to get into that position.

You like Valdes. That's fine I'm not here to change anyones mind. I just think there are better keepers and as a Barça fan I want the best in every position if possible.

Evil

Shabazz
No one is arguing that Valdes is the best keeper. But you make it sound like he did absolutley nothing yesterday.

Zqa-

That one save was worldclass, and he should get credit for not letting Marquéz giving Chelsea a 1-0 lead.

No matter what else he had, or not had to do for the rest of the match.

Home of Barca Fans