1 - Victor Valdes

maz

I walk the line
Only because he came out quickly and yes he got lucky that the shot them at him but he still needed to get into that position.
Whereas vv was standing on his line, right?

You like Valdes. That's fine I'm not here to change anyones mind. I just think there are better keepers and as a Barça fan I want the best in every position if possible.
We aren't talking about better keepers for fcb. Im talking about why you say cech was world class last night but vv wasnt. VV made one save which was a quality save (im giving credit to him just like i give credit to cech for the saves he made) but the difference between the two keepers was vv saving the rebound. That was a world class save..champions league semi final, up against drogba..basically sold by his defenders..yet he stopped the ball going in the net when if you freezeframed it before drogba took the second shot you would have said it was going in. Even i thought that when vv made the first save. But he kept the second out. It was an amazing save.

Miggy

Mr Lover Man
Cech was the busier keeper and made decent saves through out the game, granted he didn't have to make a save like Valdes but who's to say he wouldn't have dealt with it the same? So I just don't see why I should be praising Valdes for one save yet Cech has done more saves at the other end and also not conceded a goal.

barca7788

Nepali Cule
we all know that he makes some world class saves during each season(but comon this is fucking BARCA,) but his silly mistakes affects us so bad at bad timing.we have lost several points only because of his silly mistakes.whats the use of all those world class saves if u gonna pass de la pena while one down and all those silly dicisions to be in no mans land time after time.what makes me mad is that his mistakes are as silly as an amatuer's. being a keeper u must concentrate 100% in those few seconds when the ball is with you and he even couldnt do that.no matter how big he was yesterday he is a SHIT.even cech saved one on one against eto.if s.o hits straight at you lots of keeper will save.for god sake they are professional.

maz

I walk the line
Cech was the busier keeper and made decent saves through out the game, granted he didn't have to make a save like Valdes but who's to say he wouldn't have dealt with it the same? So I just don't see why I should be praising Valdes for one save yet Cech has done more saves at the other end and also not conceded a goal.
So you're saying cech was world class last night because if he had a shot at him like vv he would have dealt with it the same. By the way what a goal last night from sammy! The way he would have headed that goal in had he been on the end of the cross instead of bojan.

I guess you already said you are anti-valdés so perhaps i should save my time.

maz

I walk the line
we all know that he makes some world class saves during each season(but comon this is fucking BARCA,) but his silly mistakes affects us so bad at bad timing.we have lost several points only because of his silly mistakes.whats the use of all those world class saves if u gonna pass de la pena while one down and all those silly dicisions to be in no mans land time after time.what makes me mad is that his mistakes are as silly as an amatuer's. being a keeper u must concentrate 100% in those few seconds when the ball is with you and he even couldnt do that.no matter how big he was yesterday he is a SHIT.even cech saved one on one against eto.if s.o hits straight at you lots of keeper will save.for god sake they are professional.
Yeah i know those mistakes. You mean like the one cech made yesterday in the opening minutes when he watched the ball float over his head from a cross and we should have scored from had it not been for last-ditch defending from chelsea?

Anyway its the anti-vv lot that are bringing into question EVERY performance. I guess that shows alot. Neither me nor jaumet nor evil nor anyone else is talking about anything except last night's game. So perhaps it would make sense for you to stick to just last night as well? Just a thought..

Miggy

Mr Lover Man
So you're saying cech was world class last night because if he had a shot at him like vv he would have dealt with it the same. By the way what a goal last night from sammy! The way he would have headed that goal in had he been on the end of the cross instead of bojan.

I guess you already said you detest vv so perhaps i should save my time.

Fair enough.

I've respected your opinion. We obviously differ on this subject. I'm not going to carry on because I can see where it's going.

X.A.U

The Special One

He did, he saved two direct one on one (eto'o and Hleb) and I think another one with Henry.

shadows

Chill guys..Seriously you guys need a dose of PTC from Maz:p..When the guy made some crucial saves give him credit..Instead comparing him with Cech..as if he was that good..Remember the Liverpool game..He made even Jorquera look a great GK...and he wasnt that comfortable yesterday eventhough he kept them in the game w/o conceding!

barca7788

Nepali Cule
wow what a wonderful saves from

Alumunia....;);)
ok i admit we have to give VV some credit for the last nightand lets hope he steps up in our remaining fixtures

G.J

V.H. 4 life
If we follow Maz standards of WC keepers then we probably should call half of La Liga keepers "world class". After all they do average from 3 to 4 saves per game. Also enough with the double standards. You were all over Eto'o and Hleb for missing those one on ones and didnt gave credit to Cech. Maybe Drogba was also hlebing himself shooting in the middle right?

Home of Barca Fans