1 - Victor Valdes

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
Ramires goal was sheer brilliance on his part; it was a goal Messi would have been proud of.

To blame Valdes is an that you understood nothing of what happened.

yea right... if valdes stays on his line... the defenders keep ramires to a shot from a very awkward angle... it was a nice finish but That finish should not have even been an option.. valdes might have well laid down with his eyes closed...

X

xaviniesta

yea right... if valdes stays on his line... the defenders keep ramires to a shot from a very awkward angle... it was a nice finish but That finish should not have even been an option.. valdes might have well laid down with his eyes closed...

yeah, just like he did there

one of the reasons why he is such a great 1v1 stopper is that he is brave enough and make the angle for striker to score really tight. it's not a fucking rocket science to understand....

btw you you guys are so keep on balming somebody on this goal, start with messi who gave away the possession in first palce...and missed the penalty later. but you won't obviously...

Mes que un club

The way Valdes came out pretty much made that finish the only true option; and limiting him to such a difficult finish is good goalkeeping. Had he stayed on the line, Ramires could have taken it closer/would have had more options for the finish due to bigger angles. And with the pace of Ramires, no way they are going to catch him or even get in line with him. I'd argue that he simply showed sound understanding not only of general goalkeeping but also of the player he was up against. Ramires is very quick so very likely to get in front of the defenders and get a free finish with favorable angles (for Ramires). However, his technique doesn't make it likely that he can pull off such a difficult finish. I would definately argue that Ramires scores a higher percentage of the time if Valdes stays on the line, than if he comes out.

Last edited:

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
if ramires cut in at all the defenders would have caught him.. a shot from that angle if valdes had stayed back would have been better then just leaving the goal empty... you cannot compare drenthe's breakaway to Ramires... Drenthe was completely free of the defenders and was coming from straight on

footyfan

Calma, calma
yeah, just like he did there

one of the reasons why he is such a great 1v1 stopper is that he is brave enough and make the angle for striker to score really tight. it's not a fucking rocket science to understand....

btw you you guys are so keep on balming somebody on this goal, start with messi who gave away the possession in first palce...and missed the penalty later. but you won't obviously...

Don't you mean blame Xavi/Iniesta/Mascherano for that goal? Valdes absolutely did the right thing. Just look at Ramires' goal, you would hardly expect Messi to pull it off let alone Ramires. If he had stayed on his line, there is a much higher possibility of Ramires scoring, simply because the possibility of him scoring a chip like that is so damn low.

B

beautifulgame

Valdes was left for dead.

Barca gives the ball up in the middle of the field without cover, right before halftime AND no one tracks the midfielder. Case closed.

ShandyFFM

guess everyone expect vv to be the best goalie in the world because we got the best player in the world.. vv is worldclass in some way but in because of his size and timing he got problems.. we shouldnt forgett how many times he saved us.. at this point he hasent the best form but i think barca wont get a new first team goalie till he retires.. he has been for years in the club although hes a character and a symbol of the club... so its worthless talking about getting a new gk because barca will never do this

PearLBLacK

Banned
i don't get why valdes gets so many critics about the ramires goal. he did the right thing to come out the line, especially when he saw it was ramires. i still wonder how he oulled off this great chip, every time i've seen him he reminds me more of a german or brit, not a brazilian who can do things like these. it was rather a brillian shot rather than poor goalkeeping. but since you are a madridista i understand you (well kinda don't actually)

i mean nobdoy ever criticise the goalkeeper when messi scoops it over the goalkeeper, they all hail messi for that, even when its a poor goalkeeping,,,

When did I ever condemn Valdes for that goal? Personally I'd blame Messi for losing the ball, Mascherano for being easily shrugged off by Lampard, and Busquets/Puyol for not tracking Ramires' run.

It's just funny how cules were blaming Valdes for coming out and putting all the fault on him, and now when he stays on his goal line, they blame him for not charging the forward. The irony...

X

xaviniesta

Don't you mean blame Xavi/Iniesta/Mascherano for that goal? Valdes absolutely did the right thing. Just look at Ramires' goal, you would hardly expect Messi to pull it off let alone Ramires. If he had stayed on his line, there is a much higher possibility of Ramires scoring, simply because the possibility of him scoring a chip like that is so damn low.

???

instead of blaming valdes you should look at messi first, that was my answer to diegomess. i mean why you had to make it so difficult??? and i already explained the same thing about ramires's chip, captain obvious.

maybe if you didn't understand, the bold part was for ramires's goal, not drenthe's chance..

bottom line is that cules would rather die rather than they admit that the goals are anybody else's mistakes than valdes' or it was a brilliant strike. never it would happen.

Last edited:
M

mitkoa7x

There is nothing similar between Ramires' goal and the 1 on 1 with Drenthe. When the striker is coming through the middle going at him is the right thing to do. Ramires however is coming through the wing, having Drogba on his far left and 3 of our defenders in the box who'd possibly block a sweaty pass to Drogba and stop the attack. But VV comes out 10 meters off his line and the rest is history.

CatalinR10

A7B6Gh-CQAAZtii.jpg:large

footyfan

Calma, calma
???

instead of blaming valdes you should look at messi first, that was my answer to diegomess. i mean why you had to make it so difficult??? and i already explained the same thing about ramires's chip, captain obvious.

maybe if you didn't understand, the bold part was for ramires's goal, not drenthe's chance..

bottom line is that cules would rather die rather than they admit that the goals are anybody else's mistakes than valdes' or it was a brilliant strike. never it would happen.

You blamed Messi for giving away possession for Ramires' goal, right? That's what I was disputing. Watch the full play again. Xavi's pass was intercepted, Iniesta put in a weak challenge on Lampard, then Mascherano again put in a weak challenge on Lampard. Where is Messi involved in any of this?

The Valdes part was not intended for you, it was a general reply to the thread. Sorry for not making that clear. Of course I can see that you said the same thing, you're one of those huge defenders of Valdes even when he messes up.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans