1 - Victor Valdes

desoe

De Gea is still too young for a GK, though. I mean, consistency should come eventually. Kid is mad talented, for sure. In years to come he could become a golden material. But who has time to wait.

Reina is a trash.

M

mitkoa7x

De Gea is still too young for a GK, though. I mean, consistency should come eventually. Kid is mad talented, for sure. In years to come he could become a golden material. But who has time to wait.

Reina is a trash.

this

Boris

Are you kidding me? Valdes is a world class goalkeeper but unfortunately there's someone better than him (Cassilas, Buffon). Maybe you need these stats:

Zamora Trophy: 2004–05, 2008–09, 2009–10, 2010–11, 2011–12
ESM Team of the Year: 2010–11
La Liga Goalkeeper of the Year: 2010–11
The thing is, we've always had great team and defense, so his skills were often unused with our attack trashing every team. Those stats are almost useless. The point to being the best goalkeeper in the world is to have great defense and midfield. It's one of the reasons why goalkeepers don't win ballon d'or.
Now, i'm not saying he's a bad goalkeeper, he's very good- but not among the best. Buffon, Cech, Casillas (maybe even Neur, Lloris..) are consistent goalies and that's what matters- not a few flashes and than conceiding some ridiculous goals.
I like Vlades, and want him to stay, but hopefully we'll find a worthy replacement if he leaves.... which I don't see reason for.

that's only me :icon_neutral:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Buffon made a mistake just a game or so ago, and they lost vs Sampdoria. Iker makes mistakes all the time, like when he passed the ball to the other team's striker after Adán got sent off.

Irish_Cules

Buffon made a mistake just a game or so ago, and they lost vs Sampdoria. Iker makes mistakes all the time, like when he passed the ball to the other team's striker after Adán got sent off.

Casillas used to never make mistakes. Its strange that as Madrid have improved over recent seasons Casillas has started making mistakes. When they were a shambles he used to constantly save their asses. He's still a great keeper though.

desoe

There was a time when Victor was as much solid as never before. It was between 2009 and 2011, when he was almost free of any blunders. And if there were any, they were never in important games. Actually, it was the straight opposite - he was crucial in the big games. The two semis with Chelsea for example, we'd never reach the final if it was not about him, forget about Andres.

I think his concentration was peaking at this time. Then something happened and the blunders came back.

X

xaviniesta

There was a time when Victor was as much solid as never before. It was between 2009 and 2011, when he was almost free of any blunders. And if there were any, they were never in important games. Actually, it was the straight opposite - he was crucial in the big games. The two semis with Chelsea for example, we'd never reach the final if it was not about him, forget about Andres.

I think his concentration was peaking at this time. Then something happened and the blunders came back.

shows you how difficult is to be a goalkeeper at barca. you have to be 110% concentrated every single game every single minute. otherwise the result could be very bad. i can't see really any more difficult position to play in the world at the moment than valdes' position in barca. if barca could get even 50-60% player to fit in this position (if he leaves) then we should be very very happy. and i agree the chelsea performance in 09 in both semis is one of the most underrated performances in recent years.

X

xaviniesta

there's a reason why barcelona have 4 CL in their history.

:valdes: :valdes: :valdes:

Cule4life

The Culest
:troll:

555420_466491443398593_1918893332_n.jpg

X

xaviniesta

happy birthday victor! hope you'll stay for many many years. and retire together with puyol in your 40's : )

here's one of my favourite pictures ever.
valdesrealmadridcelebra.jpg

Doobs

The Messiah
shows you how difficult is to be a goalkeeper at barca. you have to be 110% concentrated every single game every single minute. otherwise the result could be very bad. i can't see really any more difficult position to play in the world at the moment than valdes' position in barca. if barca could get even 50-60% player to fit in this position (if he leaves) then we should be very very happy. and i agree the chelsea performance in 09 in both semis is one of the most underrated performances in recent years.

The CL finals in 06 (especially) and 09 too.

You guys remember his saves in the first 10 minutes in the CL final of 09? Those saves were CRUCIAL.

I don't want him to leave, but if we're looking at options, add me to the Ter Stegen fan club. Only worried about language issues.

:hbd:

Home of Barca Fans