1 - Victor Valdes

Mes que un club

Bust most of them are not Barca-quality. It's hard to replace Valdes in my opinion for he's been with us for a long time and I can only think of a few names that can replace hm. I hope Valdes changes his mind and stick with us.
In reality, i can't think of anyone who can replace him, who are possible to sign. They need to be exceptional with feet, mentally very, very strong, extremely good in 1v1 and have a cool head. I don't know all that much about all the top keepers out there, but i can only really think of Neuer who checks all the boxes. And there is no way we are signing him. Most likely, we will either be going for a lesser vesion of Valdes, or a young player with potential to improve. Either way, it is a big blow.

Mes que un club

Liverpool is actually interested ,specially considering Reina is probably on his way out

I really hate this Myth about VV being gr8 for our system ,he is a GK for god sake ,his job is to protect the team from conceding goals ,plan and simple , his position isn't really a part of that system,his passing isn't important ,his passing accuracy is actually average for a GK ,there was even some stats for that early in the season
He is Catalan?so what? Alves has been one of the greatest RB in the club history and the best in the world and we didn't replace him b/c he wasn't Catalan ! Iniesta isn't Catalan
Look,VV is good GK,for a team known to have historically bad at that position,I've watched FCB since 1999 or even b4 and he is the best GK we had
That said ,we don't need to overreact ,there is even better GK in the world better than him,considering the talent we have in every position a lot can easily considered him the worst player for his position in comparison to FCB players

Also ,in his credit ,he was always known being a gr8 character and great locker room presence who is loved and respected bu his teammates ,was third in our captain rotation if I remember correctly after Puyol and Xavi and seemed distant to be our captain with GKs staying playing way after other players,seems Messi will get it after those guys now

2 league titles 2 CDR ,1 Supercopa 1 UEFA Cup Winners' Cup[ ,not bad if you ask me ,specially when you consider we actually had a very bad overall team between 2000-2003 ,it was more of transition between the Rivaldo-Figo era to R10 then Messi era,so let's not make it like it was the GK who made all the difference please
His passing is crucial, his position is definately part of the system:)shakeshead:), and his passing accuracy is definately NOT average for a GK. I am not going to spend time telling you why, there are plenty of sources out there who has done that and done it better than i could.

Those trophys came in 8 years. For Barca, that is bad. It is not 2000-2003. It is 1994-2002. And i didn't say it made all the difference. I am saying it was a big part of that crisis, the lack of a consistent goalkeeper.

Last edited:

PaCmAn

Valdes didn't want to hear any offer from the club as he wishes to leave when his contract expires. The club were willing to offer him €45 million over the period of his extension.

€12,5 million a season.

Liverpool is actually interested ,specially considering Reina is probably on his way out

I really hate this Myth about VV being gr8 for our system ,he is a GK for god sake ,his job is to protect the team from conceding goals ,plan and simple , his position isn't really a part of that system,his passing isn't important ,his passing accuracy is actually average for a GK ,there was even some stats for that early in the season
He is Catalan?so what? Alves has been one of the greatest RB in the club history and the best in the world and we didn't replace him b/c he wasn't Catalan ! Iniesta isn't Catalan nor Messi ,and the list goes on

Look,VV is good GK,for a team known to have historically bad at that position,I've watched FCB since 1999 or even b4 and he is the best GK we had
That said ,we don't need to overreact ,there is even better GK in the world better than him,considering the talent we have in every position a lot can easily considered him the worst player for his position in comparison to FCB players

Also ,in his credit ,he was always known being a gr8 character and great locker room presence who is loved and respected bu his teammates ,was third in our captain rotation if I remember correctly after Puyol and Xavi and seemed distant to be our captain with GKs staying playing way after other players,seems Messi will get it after those guys now

2 league titles 2 CDR ,1 Supercopa 1 UEFA Cup Winners' Cup[ ,not bad if you ask me ,specially when you consider we actually had a very bad overall team between 2000-2003 ,it was more of transition between the Rivaldo-Figo era to R10 then Messi era,so let's not make it like it was the GK who made all the difference please

Agreed. People need to stop fucking overreacting. He's not as bad as people say, but he's still probably our worst starter. People are acting as if he's fucking Messi.

Btw, I wonder if Guardiola will be tempted to sell Neuer for Valdes + cash. Highly doubt it's gonna happen though, but it would be fucking awesome if it did. Don't Bayern play with a similar style to us? In that case, Neuer would be perfect. Too bad it probably isn't happening :(

Galning

His passing is crucial. I am not going to spend time telling you why, there are plenty of sources out there who has done that and done it better than i could.

Those trophys came in 8 years. For Barca, that is bad. It is not 2000-2003. It is 1994-2002. And i didn't say is made all the difference. I am saying it was a big part of that crisis, the lack of a consistent goalkeeper.

:worthy: Mes que un club I am glad that you are here. I'm not even going to bother with some of these guys anymore. Goodnight.

Valdes didn't want to hear any offer from the club as he wishes to leave when his contract expires. The club were willing to offer him €45 million over the period of his extension.

€12,5 million a season.

Are you kidding me? That's probably more than Xavi/Iniesta. Hell, according to google, Ronaldo earns less.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
we don't need to overreact ,there is even better GK in the world better than him

I can't think of anyone that would do a better job right off the bat. Guaita is taller but not as good, IMO. Varas isn't good enough. Casillas, the one Spanish gk (bar Adán :mou:) of the same level, is impossible to get. Courtois would be a good long-term choice, especially since he speaks Spanish, but he's pretty much impossible to get as well.

That leaves us with either low-profile Spaniards or more high-profile players that need to learn the language. People mention Neuer but he'd be incredibly expensive, so he's out of the question (too expensive) unless Pep prefers Valdes for his Bayern project. What remains is ter Stegen who is supposedly a great player, and young too. I haven't seen him play so I can't say anything about his ability but he's still young and therefore a bit of a gamble in the short term. He'd also be expensive, too.

Mes que un club

I can't think of anyone that would do a better job right off the bat. Guaita is taller but not as good, IMO. Varas isn't good enough. Casillas, the one Spanish gk (bar Adán :mou:) of the same level, is impossible to get. Courtois would be a good long-term choice, especially since he speaks Spanish, but he's pretty much impossible to get as well.

That leaves us with either low-profile Spaniards or more high-profile players that need to learn the language. People mention Neuer but he'd be incredibly expensive, so he's out of the question (too expensive) unless Pep prefers Valdes for his Bayern project. What remains is ter Stegen who is supposedly a great player, and young too. I haven't seen him play so I can't say anything about his ability but he's still young and therefore a bit of a gamble in the short term. He'd also be expensive, too.
While i agree with your general point, this is a position where players are usually cheaper (one of many market deficiencies) than they should be, and also a position where i would be completely OK with spending big.

De Gea is Spanish. Then again, he does make a shitload of mistakes, according to what I've heard, so I'd definitely rather get ter Stegen or Courtois.Or, even better, Lloris or Neuer (like I said, Neuer is extremely, but one can always dream :p).

Mes que un club

Just... I am not going to go into the debate whether Valdes is awesome or shit, but you are implying the reason to the recent success of barca is down to Valdes.
No, i am implying that part of the reason for any team being succesful or not is whether they have a consistent goalkeeper who fits the team.

Home of Barca Fans