1 - Victor Valdes

Mes que un club

The whole brigade which thinks he will be easy to replace, are happy to see him go, don't think he was "that great" will be severely mistaken. This is a big, big blow for the team. Sure, we will sign another goalkeeper; but chances are that we will really see how hard it is to be a goalkeeper at this club, with this style. Valdes was exceptional for this team, and two mistakes against Real Madrid don't change that. Heck, the 3-1 win at Bernabeu was from that point on a trademark game for him and a show of tremendous mental strenth, composure and technique.

I don't understand why everyone's giving him such a bad time over him wanting to leave and experience new cultures. He's in his prime, life is there to be lived, let him do what ever he wants and come to peace with it.

He'll be replaced by someone who is possibly better and unlikely to be worse. He's done a great job up to this point, no an exceptional job, all that you guys have to do now is thank him and wish him luck, nothing else.

Agreed. He's not as bad as people say, but he's not world-class imo, there are certainly goalies better than him. He's probably our worst starter. Whoever we get to replace him will probably be better, like you said. Just hope it isn't De Gea, coz I heard he makes as many mistakes as Valdes does. Ter-stegen and Courtois seem like good choices. I'm surprised no one has mentioned Lloris, isn't he still on Tottenham's bench? Neuer would be a dream signing imo, but we all know it's not gonna happen.

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

barça fans are too dramatic. There´s plenty of great keepers out there waiting for barca´s call.

Galning

Agreed. He's not as bad as people say, but he's not world-class imo, there are certainly goalies better than him. He's probably our worst starter. Whoever we get to replace him will probably be better, like you said. Just hope it isn't De Gea, coz I heard he makes as many mistakes as Valdes does. Ter-stegen and Courtois seem like good choices. I'm surprised no one has mentioned Lloris, isn't he still on Tottenham's bench? Neuer would be a dream signing imo, but we all know it's not gonna happen.

I think Lloris is their first keeper now.

Leo10

Its all about the money.

Barca wont pay bump him to the level he wants so he goes elsewhere where he can get 1.5 times as much. What is his salary at the moment, like 4 mill? I'm sure PSG can pay him 6 mill, hell even 8 mill in Russia.

Experience new cultures is the lamest excuse I heard. He can retire at barca at the age of 35 and go anywhere he wants.

Its all about the money.

Yeah? It is not random that we won very, very few trophys in between Zubizaretta and Valdes.

Probably because Valdes has arguably one of the best teams ever in front of him. We didn't win all those trophies because of Valdes. We won them because of the great teams in front of him. Valdes is not as bad as people say, but there are better goalies.

Mes que un club

Its all about the money.

Barca wont pay bump him to the level he wants so he goes elsewhere where he can get 1.5 times as much. What is his salary at the moment, like 4 mill? I'm sure PSG can pay him 6 mill, hell even 8 mill in Russia.

Experience new cultures is the lamest excuse I heard. He can retire at barca at the age of 35 and go anywhere he wants.

Its all about the money.
So?

Mes que un club

Probably because Valdes has arguably one of the best teams ever in front of him. We didn't win all those trophies because of Valdes. We won them because of the great teams in front of him. Valdes is not as bad as people say, but there are better goalies.
Well, you never win trophies because of a single player so that is a ridicolous point to make. Besides, the CL in 2009 and the league in 2010 are pretty great examples of him "winning" trophies for us.

Sure there are better goalies out there, full stop. But for barca, no, noone better.

hendryrusli

barça fans are too dramatic. There´s plenty of great keepers out there waiting for barca´s call.

Bust most of them are not Barca-quality. It's hard to replace Valdes in my opinion for he's been with us for a long time and I can only think of a few names that can replace hm. I hope Valdes changes his mind and stick with us.

khaled_a_d

Would be hilarious if no one showed interest in Valdes now. Which is very likely. Not even PSG need him.

Liverpool is actually interested ,specially considering Reina is probably on his way out

He is the perfect player for our system, canterano, Catalan, ...
I really hate this Myth about VV being gr8 for our system ,he is a GK for god sake ,his job is to protect the team from conceding goals ,plan and simple , his position isn't really a part of that system,his passing isn't important ,his passing accuracy is actually average for a GK ,there was even some stats for that early in the season
He is Catalan?so what? Alves has been one of the greatest RB in the club history and the best in the world and we didn't replace him b/c he wasn't Catalan ! Iniesta isn't Catalan nor Messi ,and the list goes on

Look,VV is good GK,for a team known to have historically bad at that position,I've watched FCB since 1999 or even b4 and he is the best GK we had
That said ,we don't need to overreact ,there is even better GK in the world better than him,considering the talent we have in every position a lot can easily considered him the worst player for his position in comparison to FCB players

Also ,in his credit ,he was always known being a gr8 character and great locker room presence who is loved and respected bu his teammates ,was third in our captain rotation if I remember correctly after Puyol and Xavi and seemed distant to be our captain with GKs staying playing way after other players,seems Messi will get it after those guys now

Yeah? It is not random that we won very, very few trophys in between Zubizaretta and Valdes.
2 league titles 2 CDR ,1 Supercopa 1 UEFA Cup Winners' Cup[ ,not bad if you ask me ,specially when you consider we actually had a very bad overall team between 2000-2003 ,it was more of transition between the Rivaldo-Figo era to R10 then Messi era,so let's not make it like it was the GK who made all the difference please

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans