1 - Victor Valdes

Yugi

Ondoa is fairly good
also Balleste was one I had hoped for as Valdes´s successor but he is still 18 and has moved to Malaga

OrangeOpti

Barça
It's all because Flavia isn't making the match threads anymore.
Can't say I can respect Valdes now, he should take an example from Casillas, who has been taking a lot of fire lately but still stays loyal to his club.

Garrus

Casillas has been under fire for less than a month now, Valdes had them for years, Ever since he became our goal keeper, The people in camp nou kept whistling him in his first appearances because they didn't think he was good, Until he proved himself to everyone, So there is no comparison with casillas, In fact he's been the spoiled boy of Madrid for more than a decade

Maria

I don't agree...If we're to believe the early reports on negotiations, the club wanted to wait until the end of the season to announce it jointly...To leak it out now benefits whom?...Only the player/agent...Very douche, IMHO

And why would we believe someone who a few days ago said that the negotiations were advanced and everything was going well and now says this:

"Zubizarreta (sports director): "Before we could make an offer, his agent told us that Victor would not continue."

If Valdes is a douche, then Zubi is a liar. And honestly, all this situation(between player, club and the press) is making me sick. If Pep's departure was an example in every sense, this is the oposite.
Also if they really want to keep VV until 2014, they should buy a GK this year to make the transition as smooth as possible. Zubi knows better than anyone what happend since he left and until Valdes arrived.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

I think it's too strong to call Zubi a liar. He probably just thought VV was staying, and tried to keep the rumors at bay in order to not disrupt the team or anything. He'd be a liar if he knew Vv was leaving and said he wasn't.
And Valdes will stay until 2014 and go for free, if he really is to see his contract until 2014.

E

estranged

If one of our worst players of the season wants to repay the clubs loyalty and the fans faith like this, then let it be. Couldn't be happier. No way the club would decide to do this right now and unsettle the whole squad in the middle of the season. This situation is irreversible now it seems, don't see Zubi and the club submitting to VV's demands (whatever the fucks they are) after this So long VV :)

AvocadoCake

I think it's too strong to call Zubi a liar. He probably just thought VV was staying, and tried to keep the rumors at bay in order to not disrupt the team or anything. He'd be a liar if he knew Vv was leaving and said he wasn't.
And Valdes will stay until 2014 and go for free, if he really is to see his contract until 2014.

I doubt he will. Pato said he'll stay until the end of his contract, we saw how that turned out. Neymar said the same, no one seems to take this seriously, why should this be taken any differently?

If one of our worst players of the season wants to repay the clubs loyalty and the fans faith like this, then let it be. Couldn't be happier. No way the club would decide to do this right now and unsettle the whole squad in the middle of the season. This situation is irreversible now it seems, don't see Zubi and the club submitting to VV's demands (whatever the fucks they are) after this So long VV :)
+1, although i doubt the reasoning is financial

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
And why would we believe someone who a few days ago said that the negotiations were advanced and everything was going well and now says this:
He never said they were advanced, only that they had started and contact had been made. That is to say that they had contacted his agent about wanting to renew his contract.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101

But he doesn't have any demands...

F

Flavia

I doubt he will. Pato said he'll stay until the end of his contract, we saw how that turned out. Neymar said the same, no one seems to take this seriously, why should this be taken any differently?
He better go in the summer, so Barça can get some money.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
A little confused as how to feel right now, on the one hand I should respect that he wants to experience other things

on the other Barca stuck by him when he was really really poor and most big teams would have thrown him out

whatever it is just a keeper, if anyone was to leave of our homegrowns I suppose I would chose him

Home of Barca Fans