1 - Victor Valdes

F

Flavia

There's a mature Spanish keeper with champions league experience available. I'm not talking about Casillas

snn1926ea280_438326a.jpg

He has Barca D.N.A. It's fate :party1:
:452:

Chygrinskiy21

My feelings are so mixed. There is so much speculation going on, but I will reserve judgment until the man himself speaks.

I have been one of his most fervent advocates, championing him in his worst moments when everybody wanted him out. Now I don't know what to think....
On the one hand, I see Barcelona signing a big name goalkeeper just for him to turn out to be a disaster (Remember Baia? Rustu?), because being Barcelona's goalkeeper is much, much harder than it seems. But then again, I'd rather be proved wrong and have some obscure keeper signed, winning the next ten Zamoras, proving that anyone can be Barcelona's goalkeeper.
Whichever the case... I don't like it. I just hope that asshole of an agent Carvajal comes out tomorrow and says it was a bad joke. Fuck...

Xtroverto

Yes he will be sold this summer, Otherwise he wouldn't have insisted on making the public announcement now instead of the end of the season, He wants to alert the other clubs that he is available in the summer.

One thing is that he himself want to leave, another thing is that the club has no intention to sell him. The public announcement was a really stupid move as the club has no intention to let him go before his contract end. He might end up buying out his contract but Sandro Rosell will not run over the clubs trainers who clearly have made their position firm. It could be a drama this summer but really, the club has no option but to hold on to Valdes until a replacement is ready.

JonM

The club will not sell him, it is not going to happen, if he leave it will be him buying out his remaining year, there is no chance the club will take the risk of ending up with a first choice GK illiterate to the Barcelona model. Already this fall the rumor was that he would leave and the only option filtered out to the media from within the club itself was that Valdes will remain for the year it will take to school a new GK, that is non negotiable as far as the club is concerned. If Valdes want to leave already this summer he will have to force his way out of the club, he will never be sold.

Why wouldn't they sell when ha has clearly said that he is leaving? If they wait until his contract ends, Barça gets no money at all and they have to pay his huge salary for one more season. Not to mention playing 18 months with a GK whose head is not in it anymore.

ShandyFFM

reina will be 32 years old too... i guess its time to get a "young" goalkeeper ... everything got to change.. and new young players can improove our style too.... although if they are keeping the goal

Robbie

Fernando Muslera is top class, and only 26 years old. Maybe Galatasaray would let him go for the right price

F

Flavia

Tito just gave a press conference:

Vilanova: "I have talked with Victor, one on one. We have to respect his decision. He doesn't want to leave now, he doesn't want to renew."

"Until Victor is here, he'll help the team the way he can. It would be nice he could leave the club in a good way, he deserves it"

"I heard about Victor's decision yesterday. Zubizareta told me after the meeting with his agents."

"If Victor continues to play at the same level, he'll continue to be our first goalkeeper."

"He has the right to play at another club, another culture. He's a free man. I respect that."

"A shame he'll leave because Victor is the ideal goalkeeper for Barça. It's never a good moment for someone like him to leave."

"Victor gave us 18 months to look for another goalkeeper. He's honest. This is not about the money, talks didn't even start."

"Victor deserves an exit worthy of the best goalkeeper Barcelona has had in many, many years."

"I'm not disappointed, although my feeling was that he would renew. It's clear I don't have a future as fortune-teller."

"The club has time to find a goalkeeper until 2014. Our scouts are anyway the whole year following players all around the world."

"Victor has been open and honest, we value that. Selling him this summer? Don't know, my job is to make sure he helps the team."

"Could Valdes change his mind later? I don't know. If he says it's irrevocable, I imagine he won't."

"There are good keepers around, but we don't only want them to make saves. Passing is very important. Delicate position."

from barcastuff

ShandyFFM

Didn't he stop Barca by himself while still at Sevilla?

yep 0:0 last year in the camp nou.. although saving messis penalty.. but hes 31 years old too

sergio aurujo and coutois would be good

i prefer a goalkeeper who is near to the 2 meters... so he can catch the highballs from the corners which is one of our biggest weaknesses

Home of Barca Fans