1 - Victor Valdes

M

mitkoa7x

Judging from our regular transfers, everything more than 5M is great for Barça. Most of the time we just let them go on a free..

True, hope we sell him this summer cuz his already low price will drop even further.

JonM

Maybe it is really overstated, but remember, this is coming directly from the people that made Barcelona successful in the first place, people such as Frank Rijkaard, Hek Ten Cate, Pep Guardiola, Tito Vilanova, Juan Carlos Unzué etc. For sure, maybe they are overestimating his value to the club but then these are the same people that made the club what it is today.

I do think that VV is the best fit for the club, but I'm not so sure that having another talented GK instead would have such a negative impact on the team as a whole. I might be wrong though and I guess we'll get the answer soon enough.

I'm not complaining (there are better goalies out there. He needs Barca a lot more than Barca need him imo), but I don't get why Valdes is leaving. I doubt any other team would pay him more than Barca do, and at Barca, he gets to win trophies pretty much every season. Now, he's going to a club where he'll either be on the bench or win fuck all (maybe both), and will probably be paid less to boot. Oh well, his loss.

Last edited:

ShandyFFM

I doubt he leaves in this summer or Barca tries to cash on him. Most likely scenario will be that he will have a respectful farewell to the club and the fans once his contract expire at the end of next season.

that my firend is the best thing i can imagine +1

USWAY

So who'll be the replacement? Me thinks we needs to get him this summer, and eventually bench Valdes' ass in 13/14 so the new guy can get acclimated during the season.

USWAY

I'm not complaining (there are better goalies out there. He needs Barca a lot more than Barca need him imo), but I don't get why Valdes is leaving. I doubt any other team would pay him more than Barca do, and at Barca, he gets to win trophies pretty much every season. Now, he's going to a club where he'll either be on the bench or win fuck all (maybe both), and will probably be paid less to boot. Oh well, his loss.

Ambition man. It's not like he's a youngster. Can't do anything but respect the fact he wants to try and see if he can be successful outside of Barca. I doubt he will though.

khaled_a_d

wait till the end of the seaon then sign kevin trapp from eintracht frankfurt if he keeps his performences like the first half of the season... hes 22 years young and the best goalkeeper this season so far... ( best ratings from german footballpaper kicker) he is 190cm tall and his footwork and passing is superb.. although he catches nearly every corner form the air... this boy is currently playing for germany sub 21 and his former goalkeeping coach gerry ehrmann who although trained sippel, fromlowitz,weidenfeller,neuer,wiese said he is the most talented keeper he has ever trained... although this boy is currently playing at eintracht frankfurt which makes his a low price deal.... around 4-7 mil

Read a lot of good stuff about him,seems legit
Victor Valdes will not leave this summer unless he buys out his own contract, the club will definitely not let him go before his contract end. What will happen is that the club will buy a GK this summer and then train him up during the next season while Valdes remain first choice GK. Even if they manage to bring in their first choice target he will need a year to learn the Barcelona model and so Valdes will remain until his contract expire.

this is one of the options ,but VV has high wages,around 7.5M euros,one of the top 4 highest paid GKs in the world (only Buffon,Cech,Casillas are higher but with very small margin) ,if we sell him for like 5M which isn't a high price,it means we will be saving around 12.5M which would help in the transfer market ,remember we will be in the market for a new CB,a new GK ,and may be for even a replacements for Villa ,we will need to save some money b/c the 40M annual transfer budget won't land us 3 good players to fill that wholes (if Neymar joined next summer he will cost 40M alone)

oier, masip, banuz from barca b ??? or ondoa (17), onana (16), tienda (18) juvenil A , or Jose Aurelio (17) Barca Youth ... some preferences ????
Other than Ondoa who just completed 17 last month ,No one look like a first team Material,if Ondoa made it to Barca B next year he might be on his way to get chance replacing Pinto in 2014 ,but other than that we would still need a new GK

One last thing,Manu has bought De Gea with around 21M euros,tough to see them selling with something in our price range

Not disrespecting his decision, but I still think it's a poor one. I suppose I can see where he's coming from though. Either way, it's gonna hurt him a lot more than it hurts Barca imo.

Read a lot of good stuff about him,seems legit

this is one of the options ,but VV has high wages,around 7.5M euros,one of the top 4 highest paid GKs in the world (only Buffon,Cech,Casillas are higher but with very small margin) ,if we sell him for like 5M which isn't a high price,it means we will be saving around 12.5M which would help in the transfer market ,remember we will be in the market for a new CB,a new GK ,and may be for even a replacements for Villa ,we will need to save some money b/c the 40M annual transfer budget won't land us 3 good players to fill that wholes (if Neymar joined next summer he will cost 40M alone)

If by next summer you mean 2014, Neymar will be free. He'll probably be around 40 million this summer. IMO, we should sell Sanchez and Afellay. Could get us a good 10-15 million each. That'll be 70 million, if the transfer budget is 40 million. Btw, doesn't money not used in the previous summer window transfer over to the budget for the next one? I believe I read something along those lines somewhere. If that's the case, we only spent around 30 mil last summer, giving us another 10 mil, making 80 mil. 60-80 million should be enough to get a new goalie and a CB. Neymar will be free in the summer of 2014 (if he doesn't renew), but I still think we should go for him this summer if we can. The goalie and the CB should definitely take priority though, Villa/Pedro should be good enough until 2014. Still though, Neymar could be a great signing. He'd be a risk, but if he pays off, he can pay off big time.

Last edited:

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I started following Barca during the dark years between Zubi and San Victor...this discussion is bringing back horrible flashbacks of Barca goalkeeping during those years.

Ursegor

World Champion
I started following Barca during the dark years between Zubi and San Victor...this discussion is bringing back horrible flashbacks of Barca goalkeeping during those years.

Just because Barcelona bought Rüstü based on a single World Cup performance and the guy didn't want to learn the language and adapt doesn't mean Valdes is the only God given person who can play goalkeeper for Barcelona.

Stric

I think this is actually good for the club. Let's face it, Valdes spent a lot of time being the first-choice GK on account of his canterano background and the club's protective nature. And that's OK. However, a club like Barcelona should have the very best players, but we wouldn't just sell one of our own to replace him with someone else. Now this is an opportunity for the club to spend big money and bring in a top-class goalkeeper without having to justify themselves. The club has spent incredible amounts of money on terrible transfers in the recent years, this is the one time that I'll actually support such a thing. Let's go all out on this one.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Just because Barcelona bought Rüstü based on a single World Cup performance and the guy didn't want to learn the language and adapt doesn't mean Valdes is the only God given person who can play goalkeeper for Barcelona.

It wasn't just Rüstü, it was also Bonano, Enke, Hesp, Baia and I'm sure I'm forgetting some other awful experiment they tried.

It has nothing to do with divine right of Valdes, it means chemistry for a keeper is being underrated by those of you who think Barca can throw money at some flavor of the day keeper and he will automatically thrive because of his name.

khaled_a_d

Not disrespecting his decision, but I still think it's a poor one. I suppose I can see where he's coming from though. Either way, it's gonna hurt him a lot more than it hurts Barca imo.

If by next summer you mean 2014, Neymar will be free. He'll probably be around 40 million this summer. IMO, we should sell Sanchez and Afellay. Could get us a good 10-15 million each. That'll be 70 million, if the transfer budget is 40 million. Btw, doesn't money not used in the previous summer window transfer over to the budget for the next one? I believe I read something along those lines somewhere. If that's the case, we only spent around 30 mil last summer, giving us another 10 mil, making 80 mil. 60-80 million should be enough to get a new goalie and a CB. Neymar will be free in the summer of 2014 (if he doesn't renew), but I still think we should go for him this summer if we can. The goalie and the CB should definitely take priority though, Villa/Pedro should be good enough until 2014. Still though, Neymar could be a great signing. He'd be a risk, but if he pays off, he can pay off big time.

I meant next summer,still used to use next year when talking about 2013 lol ,the using of money from other transfer market goes both ways,I think we actually got over them for both Alexis and Cesc in 2011 and therefor we had to save money last year
I totally forgot about Afellay,how is he doing in Schalke?
Anyway,I think financial situation can't be taken out of the equation when talking about VV leaving ,specially with a management trying to save some money like Rossel ,and I would expect some big signing considering this is last summer for Rossel b4 election when he is gonna compete with Laporta

Rüstü wasn't even the worst of the group,the likes of Bonanos and many other disappointed big time,we were having a new GK every year back then

Home of Barca Fans