1 - Victor Valdes

khaled_a_d

The same people that say Busquets dose nothing but diving.

Busquets is now highly appreciated by fans outside Barca ,they still think he dives as that reputation are hard to lose ,VV is still not rated high outside FCB ,gr8 GKs like Buffon,Casillas,Cech are highly rated by all fans around the world ,some Barca fans simple overrate VV ,and some for sure underrate him no doubt

5m wouldn't be worth it, better keep him to assimilate the new keeper
what about saving over 7M wage ? that's about 12M

I might be wrong but I don't see how Valdes can help a new keeper. The new keeper will practice his foot work in training by playing rondos with the whole team. The rest of the actual goalkeeping training will be basic stuff which the training staff will practice with him. I don't think Valdes has any special goalkeeping secrets up in his sleeve which he could transmit to a new goalkeeper. It's just not the same as with field players training together (Thiago learning from Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta by actually playing together or against each other as part of a group of such high quality). It will just cause unnecessary problems. Are we going to rotate 3 different goalkeepers (I'm sure Pinto also wants to keep playing his CdR games)?!

It is about the team ,New GK will take time to learn language ,I would say it will typically take one year to learn a new language if you moved to live in a country speak that language ,new GK will need time to adjust ,VV will be saving us the trouble for some time
if the new GK played in Liga(Reina,Guaita,Courtois ) then I doubt we will keep VV ,again he is earning a lot and we can get few millions to help us in a bust summer

F

Flavia

@barcastuff
Valdes' decision not to renew his contract was triggered by the club not signing the goalkeeping coach he asked for last summer. [periodico]

I wonder if this is true, seems unrealistic.

Hope the rumors about Reina aren't true. We need to get an upgrade (even if he does cost 20m or so) not a downgrade or the same shit. Valdes leaving could be a blessing in disguise if we get someone better. He's not as bad as people say, but let's just face it, he's not the greatest.

I hear there was recently a strong link with Courtois as well though. That's a step in the right direction. Now just change that direction slightly and go for Ter Stegen. Either would be good, but Ter Stegen would be much easier to get and slightly better imo. Lloris would also be a good option, but Barca don't seem to have shown any interest in him unfortunately.

Last edited:
Anyways, I hope we don't fuck it up with Valdes' replacement. A great goalie (+ a great CB to replace Puyol) could make us invincible. We've made some great signings in the past (Alves, Villa) and some shitty ones (Ibra, Sanchez). Hope this one is one of the great ones.

F

Flavia

Sport has a piece on the supposed reasons why Vv decided not to renew. Their source is el periodico, and they say Zubi was the main reason. According to that, when Unzúe left as the gk coach, vv asked for Ochotorena to be the new one. Zubi didn't comply, and got De la Fuente. Zubi also supposedly said to Vv Barça was looking for a new gk for the 2013-14 season, and that Vv would have to fight for a spot on the starting 11 with this new gk. And so the main reason for Vv wanting to leave would be his discontentment with Zubi and the board. That would also be the reason why the announcement was made the way it was, as a revenge to make Zubi look bad.

Garrus

Zubi was looking for the best intrest of the club by finding another GK to compete with, Now valdes was the one who was thinking only about himself, And if this is true then it's a good thing he's going to leave

Zubi was looking for the best intrest of the club by finding another GK to compete with, Now valdes was the one who was thinking only about himself, And if this is true then it's a good thing he's going to leave

Indeed. Besides, a team of Barca's caliber deserves a goalie of that caliber. Which Valdes just isn't. The competition could have been good for him though.

Hurts himself more than it hurts us though. Now he gets to either sit on the bench or win fuck all (maybe both), while being paid half of what he gets at Barca. If we pick Valdes' successor well, we could potentially get someone who is younger, better, and costs us far less in wages.

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
Sport has a piece on the supposed reasons why Vv decided not to renew. Their source is el periodico, and they say Zubi was the main reason. According to that, when Unzúe left as the gk coach, vv asked for Ochotorena to be the new one. Zubi didn't comply, and got De la Fuente. Zubi also supposedly said to Vv Barça was looking for a new gk for the 2013-14 season, and that Vv would have to fight for a spot on the starting 11 with this new gk. And so the main reason for Vv wanting to leave would be his discontentment with Zubi and the board. That would also be the reason why the announcement was made the way it was, as a revenge to make Zubi look bad.

If this is true im glad he's leaving. If he is scared of competition then he doesnt deserve to be on our team. in trying to make Zubi look bad he jeopardised our teams focus. I want him to leave in the summer. No need to seee out his contract

Tomchin

I think that's a little bit too far fetched tbh. I think the most logical explanation is that Valdes wants to experience other cultures (not necessarily for more money, because he wasn't interested in contract negotations in the first place). Maybe he wants to go to a side where he will have a lot more work each game, so that he can show the whole world how good he really is ;)

lovebarca

i hate valdes to put us on this type of situation in middle of the season right now
even at this time when tito's health is already one problem.
he could be remained silent or said to us during last transfer window.... but no he totally put us in jeopardy by public announcement.
Actually any big club wanted keeper right now?any guesses guys. I want to know which club can sign him

Home of Barca Fans