1 - Victor Valdes

M

mitkoa7x

Selling Valdes asap is our best option imo. With his contract nearing its end his already low price will drop and we wont be able to cover any losses from the transfer of the new keeper. The new keeper can learn from Pinto or the training staff, its not like Valdes is a pioneer or anything...

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Maybe if we get a top class Spanish speaking gk, then Valdes could leave, but there aren't any secure bets available. If we go for a young gk, or someone who can't speak Spanish, then Valdes would surely do a better job. I'd rather keep the other gk on the bench to assimilate him, or maybe loan him to another Spanish team.

Ursegor

World Champion
Well if Roma got Stekelnburg for 8-10m, De Gea went to United for 20m then Valdes can bring something between that.

Valdes is a 31 year old goalkeeper who isn't rated by 50 % of Culés and 100 % of non Culés who will have 1 year left on his contract this summer and publicly handed in a transfer request. I would be surprised if any club would show interest in him at all, nevermind bidding double digit fees. Even the suggar daddy clubs are settled in that department (City: Hart, Chelsea: Cech and Courtois, PSG: Sirigu). Anzhi is our only hope. Or maybe Valdes actually decided to retire.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I might be wrong but I don't see how Valdes can help a new keeper. The new keeper will practice his foot work in training by playing rondos with the whole team. The rest of the actual goalkeeping training will be basic stuff which the training staff will practice with him. I don't think Valdes has any special goalkeeping secrets up in his sleeve which he could transmit to a new goalkeeper. It's just not the same as with field players training together (Thiago learning from Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta by actually playing together or against each other as part of a group of such high quality). It will just cause unnecessary problems. Are we going to rotate 3 different goalkeepers (I'm sure Pinto also wants to keep playing his CdR games)?!

Well i doubt we would keep Valdes JUST to teach the new GK. It's just that it'll take some time for the new goalkeeper to adjust and adapt so we will have to slowly integrate him by playing him in smaller games and rotating him first. We can't just buy a GK, teach him how to pass, and stick him out in a Clasico or something important. Valdes is there to be the safe option for important games while the new keeper adapts and builds up to a permanent starting role.

abual3bed1

Valdes is a 31 year old goalkeeper who isn't rated by 50 % of Culés and 100 % of non Culés who will have 1 year left on his contract this summer and publicly handed in a transfer request. I would be surprised if any club would show interest in him at all, nevermind bidding double digit fees. Even the suggar daddy clubs are settled in that department (City: Hart, Chelsea: Cech and Courtois, PSG: Sirigu). Anzhi is our only hope. Or maybe Valdes actually decided to retire.

Thanx.

F

Flavia

Iniesta is giving a pressy right now.
Some things he said about Valdes:

@FCBarcelona
Iniesta: "We have to thank Víctor Valdés for everything he's done for the club."

Iniesta: "Valdés is one the most important players in Barça's history."

Iniesta: "I will miss Valdés when he's not here. But I respect his decision."

Doobs

The Messiah
Iniesta: “Victor Valdés is, for me, the best goalkeeper in the world, and a lot of people agree with that” #fcblive

abual3bed1

Iniesta is giving a pressy right now.
Some things he said about Valdes:

@FCBarcelona
Iniesta: "We have to thank Víctor Valdés for everything he's done for the club."

Iniesta: "Valdés is one the most important players in Barça's history."

Iniesta: "I will miss Valdés when he's not here. But I respect his decision."

Good words by the Don. People must never forget what Valdes has done to the club and just focus on his mistakes.

Garrus

It would take a few thousands clones of iniesta doing a press conference at the same time to convince a lot of people he's the best GK in the world

Home of Barca Fans