1 - Victor Valdes

F

Flavia

If he doesn't go in the summer, Barça better get his replacement anyway. And use the year left to rotate Vv with him, to make the transition easier. But He should go, I think some club would pay 5 mi for him.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
If he doesn't go in the summer, Barça better get his replacement anyway. And use the year left to rotate Vv with him, to make the transition easier. But He should go, I think some club would pay 5 mi for him.

5m wouldn't be worth it, better keep him to assimilate the new keeper

It's not that he's actually horrible, it's that every person in the world who is not a barcelona fan thinks he is the worst goalkeeper on the planet. Seriously i've seen people make jokes that all the Real Madrid players will be sad that Valdes is leaving because it'll be harder to score.

He's not as bad as people are saying he is, but he's not world class. Ter Stegen, Courtois or Lloris would all be better than him IMO.

Ursegor

World Champion
5m wouldn't be worth it, better keep him to assimilate the new keeper

I might be wrong but I don't see how Valdes can help a new keeper. The new keeper will practice his foot work in training by playing rondos with the whole team. The rest of the actual goalkeeping training will be basic stuff which the training staff will practice with him. I don't think Valdes has any special goalkeeping secrets up in his sleeve which he could transmit to a new goalkeeper. It's just not the same as with field players training together (Thiago learning from Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta by actually playing together or against each other as part of a group of such high quality). It will just cause unnecessary problems. Are we going to rotate 3 different goalkeepers (I'm sure Pinto also wants to keep playing his CdR games)?!

Home of Barca Fans