1 - Victor Valdes

Cule4life

The Culest
Actually, we've made some great transfers in the past (Alves, Villa), but we've also made some shitty ones (Ibra, Sanchez). Our transfers aren't as bad as people say, but they do seem to be hit-or-miss. I just hope this transfer is one of the great ones.

Yeah hope its not bad as paying 19m for Song instead of 12m for Vertonghen :facepalm: The whole Barca community was clamouring for Vertonghen and we got Song :(

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Wasn't it £15m for Song?

Either way, get over the fact that we didn't sign Vertonghen, we've lost 2 games this season, not signing him has meant nothing.

Cule4life

The Culest
Wasn't it £15m for Song?Either way, get over the fact that we didn't sign Vertonghen, we've lost 2 games this season, not signing him has meant nothing.

We were lucky to only lose two games with the amount of goals we have conceded this season thanks to partnerships like Song and Adriano at the back. We have become like Man United depending on outscoring our opposition. Puyol is old, Masch is not a CB and Bartra is inexperienced. Hence its of utmost importance that we get a world class goalkeeper to mask our deficiencies in defense and hopefully also get a CB in the summer (hopefully Hummels but it would be nearly impossible)

We were lucky to only lose two games with the amount of goals we have conceded this season thanks to partnerships like Song and Adriano at the back. We have become like Man United depending on outscoring our opposition. Puyol is old, Masch is not a CB and Bartra is inexperienced. Hence its of utmost importance that we get a world class goalkeeper to mask our deficiencies in defense and hopefully also get a CB in the summer (hopefully Hummels but it would be nearly impossible)

The defense is fine when Puyol and Pique play together, but you're right, he's getting old, and Mascherano's not a CB, so we definitely need to get one this summer. Anyways, we haven't really been relying on outscoring the opposition lately, the 5-4s that were happening in the beginning of the season were due to injuries to the defense (then again, that does show that we could use some more depth in the defense). We're still not getting a whole lot of clean sheets, but the scorelines are usually 3-1, 4-1 etc, with the opponents scoring 1 garbage time consolation goal (Bilbao, Malaga, etc) as opposed to the 5-4s that were happening in the beginning of the season. Puyol is getting old though, we'll definitely need to buy a replacement for him next summer. We just can't keep relying on him.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Barcastuff
Although they start looking for a successor, Barcelona will leave the door open until May for Valdes to change his mind and renew. [md]

High ranked Barcelona source: "We respect Victor's decision, but we'd like it if he would change his mind, renew and stay for many years."

High ranked Barcelona source: "No matter how long we'll look around, there's no better goalkeeper in the world for Barça than Victor." [md]

Cule4life

The Culest
No no :angry: Why does the Barca mngt has to beg and degrade itself for Valdes to change his decision. At this level our players need to be 100% committed to our team. There shouldn't be an iota of doubt and its clear that Valdes has more than a little doubt about his commitment to Barca. The team is bigger than an individual. Its not like we cant get another world class player. The mngt is behaving like we are a mediocre club

raskolnikov

No no :angry: Why does the Barca mngt has to beg and degrade itself for Valdes to change his decision. At this level our players need to be 100% committed to our team. There shouldn't be an iota of doubt and its clear that Valdes has more than a little doubt about his commitment to Barca. The team is bigger than an individual. Its not like we cant get another world class player. The mngt is behaving like we are a mediocre club

For some reason it comes across as so desperate to keep the team intact, especially the Catalan players.
At this rate you will eventually end up with a Milan like situation where players get contracts till their late 30's then the team falls apart when they all quit/leave.
Valdes isnt a key player, there is no reason to bend over backwards like that.

ammarfcb

ze special one
RZ9vzX.jpg

Indeed. It's not like he's the best goalie in the world, or a key player. He's quite easily replaceable.

khaled_a_d

What do you guys think about de gea, to be honest I havent seen many games from him but i remember wanting us to sign him when he used to put in god like performances for atletico. I think he'd be a good buy, with some confidence he could reach iker's level. I believe manchester united are a bit critical of him even when the guy makes save after save like last weekends game vs norwich
From what I've seen in his days with A.Madrid and few times ,I think he is talented but raw as it gets,
He will always make great saves with his quick reflexes and height ,but his movement ,IQ and concentration aren't as good
Those things can improve by time for some,but for others they stay with it till the end of their careers

Agreed. Even Guaita is a better option than de gea. But knowing Barça transfer history, we'll end up with de gea or reina :icon_neutral:
I think Guaita isn't that good,not a fan,And barca transfer history actually indicates he is Zubi no 1 option,we love to deal with Valencia

khaled_a_d

Actually, we've made some great transfers in the past (Alves, Villa), but we've also made some shitty ones (Ibra, Sanchez). Our transfers aren't as bad as people say, but they do seem to be hit-or-miss. I just hope this transfer is one of the great ones.

3 of your examples are from a totally different management than the current ,I loved Txiki even with his mistakes in his last years(keirson,Henrique,Ibra,caceras,Chygrinsky )
Zubi made only 6 signings :Masch ,Afellay,Alexis,Cesc,Alba&Song
There is questions about how good he is in the market,in the players he signed,though for me bigger it is with the players he didn't (we need a new CB for few years now)

Home of Barca Fans