1 - Victor Valdes

3 of your examples are from a totally different management than the current ,I loved Txiki even with his mistakes in his last years(keirson,Henrique,Ibra,caceras,Chygrinsky )
Zubi made only 6 signings :Masch ,Afellay,Alexis,Cesc,Alba&Song
There is questions about how good he is in the market,in the players he signed,though for me bigger it is with the players he didn't (we need a new CB for few years now)

Masch: Ok signing. Not great, not terribad.
Afellay: Good for his price.
Sanchez: Shit
Fabregas: Awesome
Alba: Awesome
Song: Remains to be seen. 19m is a little excessive for a backup, but we did need a backup to Busquets with Masch usually playing as CB. I'd rather have gotten a CB and made Masch the backup but oh well.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
His built is too small, hence his weakness on corners and weak punches. Its too much risk to assume he''ll overcome this. We are already weak at defending set pieces. We need a strongly built keeper like Ter Stegen

Van der Sar was of similar built and was a class goalkeeper.
Not that Valdes was superb at corners.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
RZ9vzX.jpg

:lol:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Van der Sar was of similar built and was a class goalkeeper.
Not that Valdes was superb at corners.

Van der Sar had one thing that De Gea lacks. Confidence. He was so commanding in the box and never looked shaky whereas there are times when De Gea doesn't even know what to do. It's a possibility that De Gea could gain that level of confidence if he were to return to Spain where he's comfortable. Though that seems like too big of a gamble. It's rare that a weaker and less imposing keeper can be successful. However a strong, authoritative keeper like ter Stegen is all upside and the only problem for him would be learning the language.

khaled_a_d

Van der Sar had one thing that De Gea lacks. Confidence. He was so commanding in the box and never looked shaky whereas there are times when De Gea doesn't even know what to do. It's a possibility that De Gea could gain that level of confidence if he were to return to Spain where he's comfortable. Though that seems like too big of a gamble. It's rare that a weaker and less imposing keeper can be successful. However a strong, authoritative keeper like ter Stegen is all upside and the only problem for him would be learning the language.

VDS was once not as confident as he was late in his career,that said he was able to overcome that,De Gea can become confident ,might develop his movements too ,The problem that this is a risk ,you can never predict the future or how players develop
My biggest issue with De Gea is his price ,Manu won't let him cheaply ,and If Mour stayed in RM there is rumors he is putting eye on De Gea to compete with Casillas ,that can totally get him out our price range ,while with the German GKs that has been mentioned,I doubt the cost will be over 10-12M

Last edited:

natsunoko

Last night on a football debate on tv here, Cristina Cubero (International P.R of "El mundo Deportivo) told that Valdes was the man behind the sack of Unzué the former Barça Goalkeepers couch. She says that Unzué was a Zubizarreta´s man and their relationship (Victor and zubi) is not as great as it should be.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
The more I think about it, the more of a selfish bastard I think Valdes is being. The club backed him when he was a very young keeper and to be honest they stuck by him even when he was absolutely terrible. It is only in the last 4 seasons that he has become a decent keeper, I am guessing that most on here won't remember how garbage he was and how we would all have our hearts in our mouths every pass back.

Way to pay us back Victor.

Garrus

In this photo the players are congratulating puyol for his contract extension, Now a quick question.
Who in this photo looks like a complete d**k

2013-01-23_ENTRENO_01-Optimized.v1359025421.JPG

Home of Barca Fans