1 - Victor Valdes

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
No player endured such ungreatfulness as much as Valdes and the amount of hate he is receiving is unreal, and very bitter. I mean some of you are upset that he is leaving and at the same time think he wasn't that good.

He is leaving because he served the club for all his life time and he has rewarded the fans with 3 champions leagues and over 5 league titles, still in contention to up 1 each. Why can't he take his trade elsewhere, why is it that Barca is the end all be all for everyone and what does him coming through ranks/catalan have anything to do with his future plans?

He is 31, served the best he could and before he is really on an accelerated downhill spiral wants to try other leagues, what is the issue exactly? It is a different challenge, different atmosphere, different coach, different fans, and it is his only time.

Yall are so clingy, like very clingy. It is seriously disgusting. You really are not gracious and there is a reason why your players leave the club pissed off or never really look back.

If Xavi decided to go play for City, what would you call him? You really weren't anything of note before Valdes.

That is what I used to think, until I actually thought about it. Surely you remember how poor he was 5 seasons ago and we stuck by him. He is just throwing his toys out of the pram because Messi, Puyol and Xavi got offered a new contract and he didn't.

Mes que un club

No player endured such ungreatfulness as much as Valdes and the amount of hate he is receiving is unreal, and very bitter. I mean some of you are upset that he is leaving and at the same time think he wasn't that good.

He is leaving because he served the club for all his life time and he has rewarded the fans with 3 champions leagues and over 5 league titles, still in contention to up 1 each. Why can't he take his trade elsewhere, why is it that Barca is the end all be all for everyone and what does him coming through ranks/catalan have anything to do with his future plans?

He is 31, served the best he could and before he is really on an accelerated downhill spiral wants to try other leagues, what is the issue exactly? It is a different challenge, different atmosphere, different coach, different fans, and it is his only time.

Yall are so clingy, like very clingy. It is seriously disgusting. You really are not gracious and there is a reason why your players leave the club pissed off or never really look back.

If Xavi decided to go play for City, what would you call him? You really weren't anything of note before Valdes.
Best post on barcaforum i've seen for a looong time.

The game tonight showed that the maturity of the Camp Nou far surpasses that of barcaforum.com, however.

loozy

1359237644409.jpg

There's not one, not two, not three... there's a lot more reasons to give Valdés an ovation in Camp Nou.

:wub:

loozy

That is what I used to think, until I actually thought about it. Surely you remember how poor he was 5 seasons ago and we stuck by him. He is just throwing his toys out of the pram because Messi, Puyol and Xavi got offered a new contract and he didn't.

Barca was about to offer him a new contract but he did not want to extend his contract. There is no tantrum or toys throwing.

Cule4life

The Culest

Majority of the fans including me dont a problem with his leaving but his behavior during this saga. Why did he insist on announcing to the world about his decision. He could have just told the management and we would have looked for a GK quietly and he would have left amicably in the summer. He not only disrupted the team's focus but also will cost us a lot of money due to clubs jacking up the prices of their GK's

Mes que un club

Majority of the fans including me dont a problem with his leaving but his behavior during this saga. Why did he insist on announcing to the world about his decision. He could have just told the management and we would have looked for a GK quietly and he would have left amicably in the summer. He not only disrupted the team's focus but also will cost us a lot of money due to clubs jacking up the prices of their GK's
That is such a small caveat to what is otherwise unusually excellent behaviour in respecting his contract, giving the club 18 months to find a replacement. He has never been treated perfectly by the club nor by the fans; why should he somehow be expected to treat the club and the fans perfectly then (though he almost has)? If it is the club who decides to announce that a player is unwanted, would that be OK? Or is that giving the player worse negotiation terms, disrespecting contractual obligations? Or is it only bad when it is on the side of the player; who in this case actually respects his contract AND gives the club plenty of time to find a replacement?

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
That is such a small caveat to what is otherwise unusually excellent behaviour in respecting his contract, giving the club 18 months to find a replacement. He has never been treated perfectly by the club nor by the fans; why should he somehow be expected to treat the club and the fans perfectly then (though he almost has)? If it is the club who decides to announce that a player is unwanted, would that be OK? Or is that giving the player worse negotiation terms, disrespecting contractual obligations? Or is it only bad when it is on the side of the player; who in this case actually respects his contract AND gives the club plenty of time to find a replacement?

:facepalm:
If he quitely told the management he wanted to leave that would have given them the same time to find a replacement minus all this drama.
The club didn't treat him right? Any other club would have sacked him after all his blunders this season. But the club stuck by him. Sure some fans may criticise him but he's not free of criticism. That is a part and parcel of the game especially at the highest level. If he can't put up with it then it's his fault not the club's or the fans

Mes que un club

:facepalm:
If he quitely told the management he wanted to leave that would have given them the same time to find a replacement minus all this drama.
The club didn't treat him right? Any other club would have sacked him after all his blunders this season. But the club stuck by him. Sure some fans may criticise him but he's not free of criticism. That is a part and parcel of the game especially at the highest level. If he can't put up with it then it's his fault not the club's or the fans
He has been a fantastic goalkeeper for the club, the club has not "stuck by him".
But let me see if i get your point; if fans criticize Valdes and he doesn't like it, it is Valdes' fault - if Valdes leaves and goes public and the fans do not like it, is Valdes' fault. Makes sense.

Last edited:

BarcaGirl

Messi: "Camp Nou supporting Valdes despite decision not to renew? He's the best keeper in the world, he deserves the support of the fans."

Stric

What's all this gibberish? The club was obviously the one doing Valdes a favour all these years, not the other way around. Any other club would have sacked him a long time ago. And those trophy pictures? Seriously? Are we supposed to think that he's the one who's the most responsible for winning them? The club won the trophies despite Valdes' playing, not because of it. There's nothing wrong with his decision (although I can understand why it might look strange from certain perspectives), but going public with it at this point was an asshole move. Nothing more to it.

Mes que un club

What's all this gibberish? The club was obviously the one doing Valdes a favour all these years, not the other way around. Any other club would have sacked him a long time ago. And those trophy pictures? Seriously? Are we supposed to think that he's the one who's the most responsible for winning them? The club won the trophies despite Valdes' playing, not because of it. There's nothing wrong with his decision (although I can understand why it might look strange from certain perspectives), but going public with it at this point was an asshole move. Nothing more to it.
That's naive. No top football club does players favours.

This. X 100000000.

Stric

That's naive. No top football club does players favours.

It was a metaphor. But if you don't want to understand it as such, then - yes, they do. Barca especially. They stuck with Valdes because he's a La Masia product (and arguably because he's Catalan) and cost virtually nothing. If he were a foreign player brought into Barca, he wouldn't have made it past a season or two, let alone this far. The same way he wouldn't have made it this far at any other club.

Home of Barca Fans