1 - Victor Valdes

beef-supreme

I have no faith in Txiki, I still argue that he has an easiest job in the world. Pretty much every player wants to join us and how hard it is to scout when you have people trampling over themselves to offer the services of their clients to Barcelona. Exactly how many players of different clubs took pictures with Barca shirt just to get noticed.
He did almost nothing for the past 9 months. Months! Xavi got his extension. Xavi-terms. And whats the other thing? New contract for Busquets.
Season finishes and what do we see. The most obvious names in the world popping up. Ibra + Ribery. My little nephew would know how to pick them. And the worst part is, we look suddenly appalled by the market and being forced to splash more than expected. Like we didn´t know what was going to happen once Perez took power.
I refuse to praise anyone solely on the basis he´s an employee of FC Barcelona. He´s a complete idiot and only thing about it thats commendable is the fact Laporta showed loyalty in keeping the poor bastard.

Not a fan of Txiki either tbh. Barca have a habit of being made fools of transfer-wise. As I said in the Transfer Rumours thread, such is the life of a culé. Don't really care much about it since we just came off the back of a treble!

A

Almunia

Looks like many of us might get our wish :eek: I hope Asenjo (along with Pinto) is the one to replace VV if he goes.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
please keep valdez he is better than people claim and brilliant at crucial moments this season

ps he nearly saved essiens shot.. one inch away from it that would have been save of season

maz

I walk the line
It was unsaveable. I was there. The second it left his foot you 100% knew it was going in.

il pepe

Valdes thinks he is at least as important to the team als Iniesta and Xavi. And he wants to get paid at least the same.
This actually doesn't look good at all...

maz

I walk the line
The funny thing is everyone was praising vv towards the end of last season, but now they all want to get rid of him again!

il pepe

He's a good goalie. Bot the best, but he has been more than decent for us.
But i mean, know your place in the team, and be reasonable at some point.

It's not that there aren't any better goalie's out there. And saying he feels himself more important than Iniesta and Xavi doesn't suit him.

G.J

V.H. 4 life
The funny thing is everyone was praising vv towards the end of last season, but now they all want to get rid of him again!
No, the funny thing is that until now you're not admitting how his demands are unreasonable. Hes asking to get paid more than Xavi and Iniesta. Call it negotiating or whatever, it has been going longer than it should have especially as we must focus on more important things. Imagine if he had another good season what will be his demands? More than Casillas?

Iniesta needs a better contract, Puyol wants an extention, so did Xavi last season, did we see this nonesense go on?

If he doesn accept the 6 mil offered by our club, then really, bye bye Victor.

maz

I walk the line
His demands may be unreasonable, but im not going to throw a hissy fit about it. Its all a part of negotiations. Maybe his agent is better at it than other agents. Maybe he's worse and we'll end up getting rid of vv. We'll see. But as with any player, its all about what is agreed on. I dont really care about what goes on to get to that point.

And if we have another good season then it doesnt matter what he demands because we dont need to renew his contract for a few more seasons.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
he's worth as much as xavi and iniesta.

this is the thing with goalkeepers. unless they're constantly making world-class saves week-in-week-out, no one appreciates just how important they are to the team.

valdes will resign, with a significant wage boost.

Home of Barca Fans