1 - Victor Valdes

maz

I walk the line
He saved the freekick and piqué blocked the rebound. However our defence did very well and made sure all vv had to do was cover his posts.

JALJM

Hehe, we might be talking differently if Pique didn't clear that rebound in the 2nd minute. But VV came back well, staying tough after getting a knock. I have no problem at all with him as our keeper.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
It was a really difficult shot to handle with the amount that the ball moved, he did well to block it and Piqué did the rest. His save from Ronaldo was top notch but VV's starring contribution was in the two semi finals against Chelski. We were in the final mostly thanks to Victor and Don Andrés.

il pepe

The guy had a good/perfect game. Had little to do, but what he did, mayby apart from the free kick, he did perfect.
He's no longer the weak link, and you see that the team has a much confidence in him.

I thought he played pretty good with he's feet yesterday, except in the first minute. He was pretty active.

maz

I walk the line
It was a really difficult shot to handle with the amount that the ball moved, he did well to block it and Piqué did the rest. His save from Ronaldo was top notch but VV's starring contribution was in the two semi finals against Chelski. We were in the final mostly thanks to Victor and Don Andrés.

Yes very well said. Both saves from drogba (first in camp nou, and then the FK at the bridge) and also many other saves.

However like you said, the save in the final was a hard shot to deal with. And not just looking at it on the surface but also deeper..vv trusts his defence and the defence trust vv. They know each other. If we had a new keeper come in i dont think it would be the same outcome in that situation. The centre backs and vv almost always play as one.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
And all that people who said VDS was better better rectify, while he had no fault in any of the goals, he dropped some stupid balls that could have cost them a lot... Obviously, it's just one match, but VV was also given a lot of crap about one match (Asspanyol)... So now, it's clear that goalies have bad days, and that our VV isn't that bad, in fact he's qualified to be in our team...

Zqa-

Well said. Good performance again, and good denying of Ronaldo on one occasion. Should've done better with the freekick 2-3 min into the match, but tuff' one though.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
I wonder if the English media will drop their idiotic cliché of "if Barça are to win the CL they need a better keeper" which they always trotted out even AFTER 2006. They seem to forget that VV was pretty much our MOTM that game.

maz

I walk the line
I dont know. I think the english media have a newfound respect for everything barça now. But we'll see. You cant put anything past the english media..

DivineVisitor

The Right One ⇩
I dont know. I think the english media have a newfound respect for everything barça now. But we'll see. You cant put anything past the english media..

You wouldn't think that they have a newfound respect for Barça if you daught some of Sky Sports News today.

As for Valdes he delt well with everything he had delivered to him yesterday, the Ronaldo shot was difficult and fortunatly our defence were also on form to sort out any proplems that popped up.

maz

I walk the line
I dont watch Sky Sports News.

As for redknapp, after the final he said english football has been taught a lesson by barça.

Home of Barca Fans