1 - Victor Valdes

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
to be fair to redcrap he is slowly starting to get better as a pundit.

he's still a bit dim, but he used to be thick as pigshit.

what's more he's not old and bitter like most of their other ex-pro's so he'll give props to anyone, even foreigners, if they deserve it.

plus him and ruud are a good team.

now if they could just replace that fucktard souness, they'd be sorted.

itv are a lost cause for punditry. great for commentary, though.

DivineVisitor

The Right One ⇩
I dont watch Sky Sports News.

It was alot of crap to be sure hehe, thought i'd see what they were highlighting about it and what people were saying. Alot of excuses, and various silly diggs though all to be expected i guess.

Last edited:

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Valdes might be eratic at times, and he certainly does not stop shots like Casillas but in one on ones he has been immense this season, and he has been a much better keeper than you'd expect. Especially with the way you play football, it leaves him out of the game for so long then he needs to be called upon.

His biggest weakness though is his shooting. It is so shit. I also don't believe he is too comfortable with the ball at his feet. He kept on putting Pique in awkward moments :lol:

maz

I walk the line
Its true raed. If you were to focus solely on vv and his saves, and compare it with many of the world's top keepers, he doesnt let himself down. Its just this traditionally large microscope that people use to look at the fcb #1 with.

As for this shooting, there was a time when his long balls out were awful. I remember one game a few seasons ago (might have been valencia when he hit the ball to villa) when his high balls kept going out for a throw in. So much so that the cameras caught ronaldinho looking really pissed off when the umpteenth goal kick had gone out. However he has improved and his long kick almost always get to their target. Unlike vds who even at this age is a master of slicing the ball out for a throw.

But his short passes need some work. He definitely puts his defenders in awkward situations.

E

Esteve

The pundits on Sky are a joke. If I'm watching Barça play, on Sky, in the CL, I do my best to ignore their comments.

IraqiCulé

Valdes might be eratic at times, and he certainly does not stop shots like Casillas but in one on ones he has been immense this season, and he has been a much better keeper than you'd expect. Especially with the way you play football, it leaves him out of the game for so long then he needs to be called upon.

His biggest weakness though is his shooting. It is so shit. I also don't believe he is too comfortable with the ball at his feet. He kept on putting Pique in awkward moments :lol:
I once heard Cech had a trial at Barca but Valdes was picked over him because VV had good footwork and that's what Barca was looking for!

Any truth to this or was I high when I heard this...

il pepe

SPORT or ED , not sure anymore, say Barca have already a back-up plan if they don't reach an agreement with Valdes.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Exactly. If this is true, let´s just go for that Asenjo or Diego Lopez. I still think it´s just his agent talking, plenty of time to reach an agreement.

maz

I walk the line
Exactly. Its his agent talking. Its called negotiations! Im sure we've been through this before. Who was the last player that we let go because his demands were too excessive? Have some faith in laporta and txiki. They have been here before.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I have no faith in Txiki, I still argue that he has an easiest job in the world. Pretty much every player wants to join us and how hard it is to scout when you have people trampling over themselves to offer the services of their clients to Barcelona. Exactly how many players of different clubs took pictures with Barca shirt just to get noticed.
He did almost nothing for the past 9 months. Months! Xavi got his extension. Xavi-terms. And whats the other thing? New contract for Busquets.
Season finishes and what do we see. The most obvious names in the world popping up. Ibra + Ribery. My little nephew would know how to pick them. And the worst part is, we look suddenly appalled by the market and being forced to splash more than expected. Like we didn´t know what was going to happen once Perez took power.
I refuse to praise anyone solely on the basis he´s an employee of FC Barcelona. He´s a complete idiot and only thing about it thats commendable is the fact Laporta showed loyalty in keeping the poor bastard.

Home of Barca Fans