1 - Victor Valdes

sabby

I kinda feel why he wants to go. After saving our asses so many times continuously in the past 10 seasons, he still gets bashed. Even the barca fans act like the haters from other clubs. GKs make mistakes just like than any other type players and their mistakes are obviously magnified in terms of goals. I think we should get rid of Pedro and Alves before we think of getting rid of Valdes. Heck, I even think Pique should be sold before Valdes.

Alik

Those saves are saves you EXPECT from any "world-class" keeper dude. Willy kept Malaga in the game yesterday and before this he was from what, the second division? Like I said, I expect a world class keeper to make those saves, but he gives up weak goals all the time and anyone who really understands the game will agree, especially a goalie.

Edit: Adriano's fault? lol, he was the one who hustled back and had the second attacker covered, from the inside, blocking the pass. All Valdez had to do was hold his post/angle and let Dani stay on Pastore. The defense in general got fooled, Sergio stepped up hoping for the offsides and the rest got caught flat footed. Adriano and Alves hustled back and forced them out of a clear opportunity on goal, Valdez horrid positioning made it fall apart.

Maybe I'm blind but I agree with most of this. valdes had a good game, but that goal was rather weak. He didn't need to dive right, the pass was closed, and alves was hot on pastore.

Goalkeepers are the only thing I really envy other clubs for.

F

Flavia

You didn't get my point. I didn't mean that we should sell pedro,alves and pique. Its just that valdes should be lower than those in terms of pecking order in selling.
Neither of those 3 wants to leave. Valdes does.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Current Zamora standings (on Marca.com):
1. Courtois 0,79 (23/29)
2. Willy Caballero 0,96 (27/28)
3. Andrés Fernandez 1,17 (35/30)
4. Javi Varas 1,54 (43/28)
5. Munua 1,54 (43/28)

Obviously something's wrong with that list... As Casillas is definitely in the top 3 and Valdes in the top 5. Not to mention that there's been 31 rounds played...

Edit: It's because goalkeepers have to play atleast 28 league games, which rules Casillas out

Last edited:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Here's the updated statistics:

1 Belgium Thibaut Courtois Atlético Madrid...23---30 0.77
2 Argentina Willy Caballero Málaga..............27---29 0.93
3 Spain Víctor Valdés Barcelona..................30---27 1.11
4 Spain Andrés Fernández Osasuna..............36---31 1.16
5 Spain Miguel Ángel Moyà Getafe................38---26 1.46

(from wikipedia's la liga 2012-13 page)

Last edited:

Kerrybai

^ It's hard to see Valdes topping Courtois but we do have a game against him in Madrid which could hurt his current average.

F

Flavia

With all rumors pointing to Guaita as his replacement, Vv will be sorely missed, even by those who hate him and think he's a weak gk.

Home of Barca Fans