1 - Victor Valdes

Yaya

Would've been a great, magnificent game if not for the fact that we conceded 4 goals...

You are cluless. Valdes is one of the main reason for Barcelona being so vulnerable when it comes to defending set pieces since he is horrible at rushing out from his goal line. He just stands there and does nothing and it has been the case for years.

He is basically an average gk with some above average ball playing skills and occasionally great when it comes to reacting quickly to one on ones. You won't see clubs lining to get this guy when he leaves Barcelona.

SoMa

He did save 2 1v1's (muller and Robben) but lol its like hes been training with Casillas when it comes to rushing out. I dont even know if you can really even talk about that since the goals were offside or through fouls but still.

I wouldn't blame valdes at all for the loss.

footyfan

Calma, calma
You are cluless. Valdes is one of the main reason for Barcelona being so vulnerable when it comes to defending set pieces since he is horrible at rushing out from his goal line. He just stands there and does nothing and it has been the case for years.

He is basically an average gk with some above average ball playing skills and occasionally great when it comes to reacting quickly to one on ones. You won't see clubs lining to get this guy when he leaves Barcelona.

I still havent watched the entire game so my opinion is not based on this game. But this is exactly what I think of Valdes. Sometimes I just can't believe when some people say playing GK at Barca is the hardest position in the world ROFL. He's had a good season so far and I definitely think he's one of the better suited goalies for Barca's style but it really bugs me when people say he's a really good goal-keeper.

Kerrybai

I really hope we get a good upgrade from Valdes, he has been great for us at times but he's not really world class material. Iv'e always felt that a goalkeeper is the most important player on a football team so every expense should be taken to get the very best their is to offer.

sabby

He saved two definite goals. The first goal was mostly Pique's fault, he was just watching muller doing his thing. 2nd are 3rd should have been disallowed. Although he could have done better in the 3rd goal.

JamDav1982

:lol: So the player who was responsible for the corner is to blame? :lol:

I thought at the time Valdes should have taken control of the situation and been out quicker.

Would have to watch it again, but now way was it Bartras fault for giving away corner.

Indignado

I think Valdés is a great GK but you're spot on here. We're incredibly vulnerable on set pieces and Valdés is one of the main reasons for that.

Stric

I thought at the time Valdes should have taken control of the situation and been out quicker.

Would have to watch it again, but now way was it Bartras fault for giving away corner.

Even if it was, though, what kind of logic is that? Blaming a goal on the player who gave away the corner leading to a goal. :lol:

Home of Barca Fans