1 - Victor Valdes

S

steaua86

To be honest, ill agree with you if he leaves. But until anything is final then we'll wait and see. I guess because of his agent the negotiations have been made more public. Which is a shame.

No one would pay him. Its called negotiations. If we offer him 6 or 7 mil and he rejects and goes somewhere else for the sae, then i will be pissed.

By the way i am in fact his long lost twice removed next door neighbour.

That's the point you're missing. He has no leverage. It's not like there's anyone out there that would play him 7 million. England is the only place with that kind of money, but that would require some sort of competency when it comes to dealing with crosses. I think that's why a lot of people find his demands ridiculous. I would have no problem if he demanded 20 million and a virgin before every game if there was someone out there willing to match the offer. In Victor's case there isn't.

As his neighbor you should smack some sense into him.

maz

I walk the line
Thats not the point im missing. Its the point theyre missing. As i said yesterday or the day before..no one would really pay him that money so why should we worry about him going elsewhere for higher pay. They set their price high so that when a compromise is made it's higher than if they set their initial price somewhat lower.

As for smacking some sense into him...i would except he has a restraining order against me after i happened to accidently look into his kitchen with my binoculars. I was actually looking to see what brand of baked beans he uses, but he took it the wrong way.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Some clubs could pay what his agent asks for though. Don`t underestimate the allure of 2 times CL and Zamora winner. Besides, should they wait a year and get him for free it`s really a bargain to cover his wage demands.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
man i can not beleive he is leaving... does he realize he won the zamora not bc he is world class not and prolly not evem bc our defense is amazing.... but bc we havbe the ball so much the others teams hardly get a whiff of gol... i am shocked why is he not trying harder to stay

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
where is the proof we've offered him 100k?

I'm not saying that as a challenge or anything, I literally haven't seen anyone come out and say what we've offered him.

and as beast said elsewhere, laporta was asking for this when he said valdes was as good as casillas. once he said that, valdes' agent was always gonna start the negotiations asking for the same kind of wage iker earns.

but only city would pay him that and they have their goalkeeper. the frey rumours have started and asenjo ones will follow, and then valdes' agent will get real and he will sign. end-o story-o.

S

steaua86

If he was as good as Iker there would plenty of teams willing to meet his wage demands. Man U, Chelski, Milan have cash and could use upgrades (or at least competition) at the gk position. If Victor's agent asked any of those teams for Casillias money he'd be laughed out of the building.

People talking about Laporta's kind words (it's not like he was going to compare him to Paul Robinson) to justify the ridiculous wage demands need to look at this a bit more logically. There's nobody in this world that would pay Valdes 9 million (or 7 for that matter) to be their goalie. Madrid might give him the money to injure Messi, Iniesta, and Xavi in practice but that's another story.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
i understand he wants to get paid.... but surely he could agree with barca over it... i just think him leaving would be a disaster he is so settled here

G.J

V.H. 4 life
If you put a value on all masía players, it should be messi at the top, followed closely by xavi and iniesta, and just behind them vv, and then puyol.
Valdes higher than Puyol? :rofl1:

Now I've heard it all. You're comparing Victor Valdes to Puyol? Carles muthafucking Puyol??? The legend? the club icon? the long time servant? The one who took a pay-cut throughout our financial troubles and refused all kinds of offers to stay? Are you that blinded by your VV shades? You talk about sentiments but you seem to be part of the 7% that thinks he should get his demands. The majorty of cules according to all polls want to see his back if he doesnt accept our final offer. They're all haters right? The likes of Raul and Maldini all got lower salaries when they reached 30 right?

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
where is the proof we've offered him 100k?

I'm not saying that as a challenge or anything, I literally haven't seen anyone come out and say what we've offered him.

All reports confirm that the initial offer we made was 6m per year (115k p/w) which was improved to 7m per year (134k p/w) after negotiations but VV and his agent won't budge from their demands of 9m.

Galning

Now I've heard it all. You're comparing Victor Valdes to Puyol? Carles muthafucking Puyol??? The legend? the club icon? the long time servant? The one who took a pay-cut throughout our financial troubles and refused all kinds of offers to stay? Are you that blinded by your VV shades? You talk about sentiments but you seem to be part of the 7% that thinks he should get his demands. The majorty of cules according to all polls want to see his back if he doesnt accept our final offer. They're all haters right? The likes of Raul and Maldini all got lower salaries when they reached 30 right?

Spot on dude, comparing Valdés to Puyol is just funny.

katac

All reports confirm that the initial offer we made was 6m per year (115k p/w) which was improved to 7m per year (134k p/w) after negotiations but VV and his agent won't budge from their demands of 9m.

He should just accept it, I mean it's a lot of money... He'd get almost as much as Casillas....

beef-supreme

I don't suppose there's anything wrong with Valdés and his agent negotiating and starting out high. It's either that they come to a compromise with the club, and a decent financial agreement, or that Valdés holds out for huge demands. In which case the club should not budge and VV can leave. I don't think fans should be alienated from Valdés for pushing for as much cash as possible because football is a business. But if he leaves for financial reasons then we can all hate on him for being a money-grabbing cock. However, as I said before, I don't believe that he is one, I think that he's a loyal culé and he will accept the final terms proposed and he'll stay. His agent just has to have some sense scared into him with some transfer talk.

maz

I walk the line

Where did i say he should be given his demands?

Home of Barca Fans