1 - Victor Valdes

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Victor Valdés: “Real Madrid's Pepe in an alley scares me more than a Cristiano Ronaldo penalty kick.” [antena3]

Valdés: “The reason for not renewing my contract? It's hard to understand. The goalkeeper position entails enormous pressure.”

Valdés: “Barça offered me a renewal, but I didn't want to negotiate. It's a combination of circumstances. New challenges and a new league.”

Valdés: “A few days ago, I told Neymar that I liked his hairstyle from Santos more, and he told me to wait a week.” #fcblive

Sigh. Can we just throw ridiculous amount of money at him and beg him to stay?

Sigh.

neo_wolf

Im thinking he has a verbal agreement with Monaco for a lot of $, he is going to be the highest paid goalkeeper in the world and thats why he will leave.

psychotsek

Since VV and Pinto are leaving Barca should sign a young promissing keeper (ex.Neto,Ter Stegen) this winter to allow him settle and Reina in the summer.

abual3bed1

Who said anything about Pinto leaving? His contract expires at the end of the season but that doesn't mean that he won't renew.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Valdes: "I still want to leave? I've been at Barça for 20 years, I won everything, my time at the club ends at the end of this season" [tf1]

Valdes: "Monaco rumours? Monaco, France in general, is a good option, so why not... (smiles) Talks past summer? My agents deal with that."

Valdes: "Abidal is a close friend of mine, I almost consider him as a brother. He's an example. It would be special to play with him again.

Dont know how reliable tf1 is, but its certainly a likely option. Is his contract up? or will the club get some money

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
contract is up... the stupid board didn't cash on him when the opportunity was there. But I hope he does something wonderful for the club in his last season here

JamDav1982

contract is up... the stupid board didn't cash on him when the opportunity was there. But I hope he does something wonderful for the club in his last season here

They did the right thing in keeping him for as long as possible, he has been the best keeper in the world so far this season.

Sometimes the board are accused of being obsessed with money but when they make a football decision to keep Valdes to the end of his contract they are attacked for that also.

The board did the right thing when it comes to Valdes.

Antimadridista1

Valdes: "I still want to leave? I've been at Barça for 20 years, I won everything, my time at the club ends at the end of this season" [tf1]

Valdes: "Monaco rumours? Monaco, France in general, is a good option, so why not... (smiles) Talks past summer? My agents deal with that."

Valdes: "Abidal is a close friend of mine, I almost consider him as a brother. He's an example. It would be special to play with him again.

Dont know how reliable tf1 is, but its certainly a likely option. Is his contract up? or will the club get some money

tf1 is really reliable, this is the most famous tv in france. Anyway, I watched the interview and it was last wednesday in Madrid and really sad that. At the end of the interview, the journalist asked Valdes if he'll be a Monaco player next season and Valdes laughed.

It looks like they already have a deal and Valdes probably said it to Rosell, that's the reason why we see so much talk concerning a deal btw us and ter stegen nowadays.

KhaledBarca

I really hope Valdes stays, but if he leaves buying Reina (experience) + Ter stegan (talent/future) to replace Valdes & Pinto is a good idea.
Also, there is a rumor that Masip could be promoted to be Barca's 2nd Gk next season!

Home of Barca Fans