1 - Victor Valdes

flamenco

You guys know that V V has not always been painted a hero @Barca. I think his wanting to leave has to do with his costing the club a few times with his blunders that had, in turn, caused fans to be very angry @him and others to ridicule him until recently. That has deeply scarred him with embarrassment and incredible stress. He feels he can never redeem himself and therefore he has to leave and breathe new fresh air outta Barcelona :pep:

Last edited:

Keikoku

Cabbage
You guys know that V V has not always been painted a hero @Barca. I think his wanting to leave has to do with his costing the club a few times with his blunders that had, in turn, caused fans to be very angry @him and others to ridicule him until recently. That has deeply scarred him with embarrassment and incredible stress. He feels he can never redeem himself and therefore he has to leave and breathe new fresh air outta Barcelona :pep:

Most of his missplaced pass is a risk of being our GK where you often pass the ball to our defenders and not just only bang it to the front line.

KhaledBarca

In 11 seasons at Barcelona, Valdes made 5 miss passes that resulted in Barcelona conceding a goal. That's normal considering he is forced to play short passes even under pressure. Even Goal keepers like Neuer, Buffon, Van der sar, Casillas, Reina made similar mistakes although they play much less passes than Valdes under pressure.

2 vs Real Madrid
1 vs Espanyol
1 vs Valencia
1 vs Osasuna

CatalinR10

Compared to this video , this season he has been a god so far.

Meitux

His season's made us forget his past blunders. But has he, himself, recovered from criticism and scorn that followed ?
Consistency is what needed, i personally can't forget his mistakes because simply i'm not sure if he got over them, if he continued this way without mistake the next seasons maybe we could but we will never know. I can't say that one seasons is redemption for other bad seasons and that isn't going for Valdes only but generally for all players.

Last edited:

KhaledBarca

Neuer who has 200+ less official games than Valdes has made more BIG mistakes than Valdes in his career. I can name 6+ big mistakes in the last 2-3 seasons.
Yet he never get criticized, people don't can't as if he's shit! Infact a lot consider him the best in the world :)

Valdes between 2008 and 2011 was a top 3 Gk! he underperformed in the last 2 seasons, but he's back to his best now.

Meitux

Seems sad ironic that his last season seems well at least for now at the very top form, but as i said we will never know if he continued this way.

Home of Barca Fans