1 - Victor Valdes

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
All reports confirm that the initial offer we made was 6m per year (115k p/w) which was improved to 7m per year (134k p/w) after negotiations but VV and his agent won't budge from their demands of 9m.

"all reports" - has his agent or the club confirmed this?

otherwise I'll follow your line, actually, and say it's all newspaper speculation.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
sorry ginge, I assumed you had all the knowledge!

after all, you seem to know everything about everything else to do with barca. :D

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Sorry, my contacts aren't telling me anything on this one! It's all very hush hush and ever so slightly infuriating.

S

Serkelet

There is an article in Marca.com, where they quote the ex agent of Víctor Valdés (it is the one he fired before hiring Carvajal), saying that all what is happening with the keeper is of his father's fault. Víctor seems to be under full influence of his father, who seems to be not caring about his son's reputation and future. The ex agent suggests his father is a conflictive person, and says they (the agent's agency) even got not payed properly when they got fired.

MJ BarcaFan

If Valdes' concern is money he should go to EPL then...

Spot on dude, comparing Valdés to Puyol is just funny.

Puyol is the Captain of Barca! While Valdes is only captain once in a blue moon. In terms of importance to the team, no one beats Puyi!!!!

Galning

If Valdes' concern is money he should go to EPL then...

Puyol is the Captain of Barca! While Valdes is only captain once in a blue moon. In terms of importance to the team, no one beats Puyi!!!!

Yeah that's what I was saying.
Puyol > 5 times Valdés.

V

Valon

Well he's gonna renew until 2014 so Valdes haters tough luck for you lots. :p

S

steaua86

I don't think the "haters" have a problem with giving him a better deal. The "haters" have a problem with the salary figures floating around. Xavi/Messi salary :thumbdown:

For all the Valdes fanboys out there: go to a Man U or Liverpool forum (or for that matter any team) and see what they think of him. They'd love for Messi/Iniesta/Xavi to go their team. Valdes not so much. Whatever salary figure he gets from Barca will be higher than what any other team out there would pay him.

sammy

Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite
We should respect him as one of the la masia's player. But he should be reasonable too. If you don't like it here, although we have treat you well, just leave. We have paid him a good deal.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
The thing is that now that the deal is done, the real numbers haven't showed up... I assume he settled with 6 million...

Home of Barca Fans