1 - Victor Valdes

Necro Spaaw

NeSaVlaDiV
It is time that Pinto is given his chance. The ponytail would have had no problems keeping that one out yesterday.

so you didn't see how he saved that 1st shot when the attacker was 1 on 1 on him?
it was so awesome, and yet no1 gives credit..
the 2nd shot was just disappointing to concede cuz of the awesome save some 20 seconds earlier.. i blame no1 for it tho.. it was a rebound to their player and we just had a team blackout imo.. it was tough to save the 2nd shot even tho VV was on it, cuz the ball had a strange and speedy falling down trajectory, it's hard to assess how it rebounds..

There are 2 hotties in the pic...not 1, Mina :D

Villa? :p

maz

I walk the line
Or he digs guys :whatever: ;)

Or he can follow instructions "second from left in the top row" :p

As for vv not getting a call up...i think its because at the end of the day vv could just as easily have a bad game as reina. Casillas rarely gets injured and the second/third keepers are just a formality to get a game or two etc.

desoe

Victor said that he hopes to be called for Spain some time soon. I really wish him to get a ticket to South Africa, even in the role of being a third choice. It's a great feeling for every player to be a part of a such competition as the World Cup.

Usually every team goes there with three goalies, so if we accept that Iker and Reina are obviusly the first two, he'll have to battle probably with Diego Lopez and Palop for the last place ?

Necro Spaaw

NeSaVlaDiV
Or he digs guys :whatever: ;)

I don't dig guys mate, but I can admitt it when someone is a good-looking guy, cuz I'm comfortable wit myself.. ;)

and maz, haha, I didnt even see that part of zanela's post.. I saw it I mean, but didn't comprehend.. just ran trough it.. it was a "lucky guess" or rather the lack of good looking guys in that pic.. only 2 obvious ones are Villa and VV. hahha

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
I don't dig guys mate, but I can admitt it when someone is a good-looking guy, cuz I'm comfortable wit myself.. ;)

and maz, haha, I didnt even see that part of zanela's post.. I saw it I mean, but didn't comprehend.. just ran trough it.. it was a "lucky guess" or rather the lack of good looking guys in that pic.. only 2 obvious ones are Villa and VV. hahha

Haha, fair enough, I suppose ;)

But back on topic: as I've reiterated before - I've had my doubts with Valdés for past seasons but it seems that he has really excelled this season. Hopefully he'll stick to his current manouvers for the rest of the season and will only improve further.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He conceded twice but I don't think he could have done much to prevent it. Made another 1 on 1 save and I think it was a good performance by Valdes.

E

Esteve

Another great performance in another big game. He's been brilliant so far this season.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
He didn't have a whole lot to do though, so I wouldn't call it a great performance, but, what he did have to do he did well. The save from Cron saved you guys big time. Madrid were looking like running over you guys in the first half(with their chances, not domination of play).

Aasim

Bumbleman
He kept us in the game. He is becoming world class. Still not there yet as he does have his "Busquets" moment from time to time but his shot stopping is very very good.

Valdes imo is 4th in the world behind the top 3 (Buff, Cass, Ces) and is at this moment in time better than Rei, VDS, Frey, Lopez..

jairzinho

5 Star performance by Victor Valdez against madrid..He is probably one of the best goalkeepers in Spain and probably europe right now..Hope he makes the Spanish squad for World Cup 2009.

o_f_c_barcelona_victor_valdes-62882.jpg

Home of Barca Fans