1 - Victor Valdes

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
deserved a red for that punch on the face... for a moment I thought that the player was dead(there was no fecking expression on his face, just collapsed there!!) and then during their goal he wasn't his usual, should have pushed the ball harder.

VV now has his share of usual feckups every season checked so it's all good from here :)

Last edited:

ryuken

I was scared when i thought we would be playing without the GK. Donno how he escape that. Bad collision but still deserved a red. Damn the player just laid there for like 3 mins after the shock.

Fontàstic

To compare this action with the Schumacher-Batiston-incident is nonsense. VV played the ball and had no intention to hit the opposite player, who was unfortunatly pushed by Puyol.

Actually, it was N'Doye who tried to push away Puyol, but because of Carles' immense strength it ended up being N'Doye who changed his direction, and as it turned out his new direction was directly into the path of an out-rushing Victor Valdés:

MoFroBo

Simply red card. Ref was a disgrace, afraid to call against big teams. Valdes out of his GK area, with raised leg challanges a player and yet some claim it is not red :D

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I was scared when i thought we would be playing without the GK. Donno how he escape that. Bad collision but still deserved a red. Damn the player just laid there for like 3 mins after the shock.

I'm sorry but as bad as it looked and the way he just laid there was all erased for me when he was sprinting back on the pitch almost immediately after coming off...It just looked bad and, frankly, N'Doye, for me, just milked it

MoFroBo

Ofc. he did, but just for such stupid headless action from Valdes he already should have gotten a red for a very dangerous play.

Beast

The Observer
hypocrites.gif

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Meh, reckless challenge by Valdes though no maliciious one. Ndoye was fine, just milked it like Puyol did few minutes earlier.

ricknattery

This kind of challenges happens all the time. Keepers jump like crazy outside of their area to prevent any action from the striker, just that in this case Ndoye was more worried about pushing Puyol and didnt see that Valdes was coming out. Otherwise he wouldn't have appeared in Valdes' way

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
He got hit by a shin. Did it hurt, yes, obviously. But he is moving, after he hits the ground, holds his leg up, blinks his eyes. I see similarities being pulled out of the closet with the Batiston/Schumacher incident, youtube it, check how Batiston goes to the ground. That one is really fucked.

Ndoye gets hit, checks himself, hears the crowd roar and goes down. He didn't get knocked out in my opinion. And references to Schumacher are not correct cause
1) Valdes has the ball
2) No bad intent by Valdes
3) Ndoye hit by shin, not a hard part like the knee or hip or strechted leg.

Still reckless challenge, not sure if it is a red or not due to criteria above. I personally see it as a duel for the ball with Valdes having it but being too reckless. If he didn't had the ball, yeah, straight red.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I don't care if VV did it on purpose, we receive some many bad tackles, elbows, and dirty play that sometimes is good to give something back, even if it is without intention...

Mes que un club

Come on guys.. He did not milk it, we even saw Grønkjær pull out his tongue. Though it was not done with bad intent, the tackle was reckless and he should have been sent off.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Come on guys.. He did not milk it, we even saw Grønkjær pull out his tongue. Though it was not done with bad intent, the tackle was reckless and he should have been sent off.

I suggest you prep yourself with a viewing of Wag the Dog, if one is easily moved by media dramatizations

Grønkjær could've started CPR, it wouldn't have made any difference based on the events that followed...Watch N'Doye go off the pitch with the training staff and then count (As well as look at the player) how long it takes for him to sprint right back onto the pitch with no apparent ill effects :rolleyes:

As I mentioned earlier, no professional club in any sport would allow a player who is either concussed, gagging or having lost consciousness to suddenly race back onto the pitch without so much as a thorough rundown of his well being...Not unless you're in some 3rd world country...For me, that was definitive - he milked it...Bad collision, incidental but Dame milked it

Home of Barca Fans