10 - Ansu Fati

Windhook

Neymar left the club for reasons more than just financial gain. If you remember the 6-1 PSG game, that wouldn't have happened without Neymar taking total control in the final minutes, Messi in the 89th minute had already thrown the towel. I had totally forgotten that Ney scored the penalty for 5-1 and it was his crazy assist long ball to Sergi Roberto's run for 6-1. The next day the highlights in the press were Messi's iconic celebration with the crowd and Lucho's pitch run. I believe the lack of major appreciation from Barca fans on what Neymar did that night made him reconsider his future at the club. Another factor was the growing bromance between Messi and Suarez, family dinners, celebrations, etc. Neymar was sidelined in such events, not his lifestyle anyway. He just didn't fit in. MSN existed on the pitch, not in private life.

I couldn't fully understand Neymar's motivation back in 2017, to step out of Messi's shadow, but Barca was one of the biggest clubs in the world back then. I'm not excusing Neymar, I just try to understand his ways, because what he did was pure ego shit that hurt everybody and eventually ruined the club. His transfer made Barto and sporting directors do some brainless acts like signing a Brazilian cannon and Mr. Glass for a total of 300m and then extending Messi's contract with crazy new terms.

Rassvet

Ansu Fati rejected PSG to renew for Bar?a. They offered him a 30M signing bonus, as well as a net salary of 15M per season.

? @mundodeportivo

Sounds fake. There are always these PR stories when a player signs or renews about how they turned down more money elsewhere.

Horatio

You're welcome
Neymar left the club for reasons more than just financial gain. If you remember the 6-1 PSG game, that wouldn't have happened without Neymar taking total control in the final minutes, Messi in the 89th minute had already thrown the towel. I had totally forgotten that Ney scored the penalty for 5-1 and it was his crazy assist long ball to Sergi Roberto's run for 6-1. The next day the highlights in the press were Messi's iconic celebration with the crowd and Lucho's pitch run. I believe the lack of major appreciation from Barca fans on what Neymar did that night made him reconsider his future at the club. Another factor was the growing bromance between Messi and Suarez, family dinners, celebrations, etc. Neymar was sidelined in such events, not his lifestyle anyway. He just didn't fit in. MSN existed on the pitch, not in private life.

I couldn't fully understand Neymar's motivation back in 2017, to step out of Messi's shadow, but Barca was one of the biggest clubs in the world back then. I'm not excusing Neymar, I just try to understand his ways, because what he did was pure ego shit that hurt everybody and eventually ruined the club. His transfer made Barto and sporting directors do some brainless acts like signing a Brazilian cannon and Mr. Glass for a total of 300m and then extending Messi's contract with crazy new terms.

tru

but Neymar carries blame as well for not getting into mate.

Horatio

You're welcome
For a moment I thought you were encouraging me to start drinking, the missing apostrophe in mate. :lol: Well, cheers!

Yeah, I got scared you didn't catch on.

When I talk to people through whatsapp and I bring up mate they think I am imitating an Australian.

Laplacian

Sounds fake. There are always these PR stories when a player signs or renews about how they turned down more money elsewhere.

Agreed. I read a few "Man Utd, Chelsea, PSG, Newcastle etc all wanted Fati for X wages" on reddit as well. It just don't see any of these clubs, with the exception of Newcastle, giving Fati the rumored wages when they're already swimming with young attacking talent. It definitely sounds like Barca fed PR to justify his new salary.

jamrock

It's all facts broos everyone & their mother who has an eye for talent knows we are looking at the future best player in the world, they all want to sigh him up.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
Wait...people seriously don't think there were offers from other clubs? Of course there was. He is a talented youngster with his contract running out.
Even Moriba got offers.

I would just question the numbers given sometimes.

jamrock

Damn I didn't know fati has scored more goals in la Liga than Vini Jr, sport starting the El clasico hype in anyway they can lol.

But gave me some info I would never have guessed, I'm fairly confident fati would have gotta 20-25 goals all comps last season it he wasn't injured too.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Damn I didn't know fati has scored more goals in la Liga than Vini Jr, sport starting the El clasico hype in anyway the can lol.

But gave me some info I would never have guessed, I'm fairly confident fati would have gotta 20-25 goals all comps last season it he wasn't injured too.

Yeah.

With Messi's creativity and Ansu's great ability to get himself behind the defence I think he would have feasted or at least gotten into a lot of goalscoring chances. He'll have to work a bit harder for those chances now since we don't have a player able to deliver passes like that on a silver platter anymore.

iniestaGOAT

Boy is gonna earn 50m in next 5 years, hope he doesn't use that as a reason to stop working hard like some players

I dont think 50m would be a reason to stop working hard and that would be stupid cause he could potentially earn 150m after these 5 years.

Home of Barca Fans