10 - Ansu Fati

Messigician

🚨🚨[ [MENTION=20388]luis[/MENTION]_F_Rojo🥇] | JUST IN: After conversing with Bartomeu, Ansu Fati prefers NOT to undergo surgery.

One of the most stunning news pieces I've ever read

Windhook

Good advice for Ansu from Sergio Lozano, the captain of FCB futsal team.

"My opinion is that you should surround yourself with your people, your family, the people close to you, the people who really love you and make an impasse. Completely forget about football, clear your mind as much as possible and focus only on him. In his recovery and in his injury. And in enjoying the little things again. Obviously, without any pressure. He also has a lot of pressure due to everything that is happening around him at the club, that with the players who have left has a more important role if possible. In the end, this will surely create this anxiety in you. My opinion is that he make a clean slate and surround himself with his close circle and the people who really love him, "Sergio sentenced. Lozano, who has broken his right knee three times in his career but has always returned to a spectacular level.

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futb...ejo-sergio-lozano-ansu-fati-nueva-lesion.html

Surrounding yourself with positivity always helps mentally, but at this point Ansu is damaged goods, unfortunately. I had some bad vibes on him 2 injuries ago, now this is too much. No idea if he already surpassed Dembele's injury record at the club.

The club didn't rush him and Pedri this time, waited for more than a month and it just feels wrong and heartbreaking.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I am not saying that he is 100% certain to fail or have his career ruined due to injuries.

But realistically, let's say it this way:
1. do you know how 90% of La Masia kids turn into nothing?
But of course, 1 out of 10 turn into Puyol, Xavi and similar.
But when you see the next La Masia kid, he still has 90% chances to end as a nobody than to be the new Puyol/Busi.
2. well, imo, the same is with Fati in terms of injuries.
This Robben example is mentioned all the time here. And young Messi with muscle injuries.
But on every Robben, there are 10 guys who's careers turned into meh after injuries in the early days.

So, yes, he might be the next Robben who will overcome injuries.
But also, he is more likely to be in those 90% of guys who's careers were ruined or who's development was hindered a lot.

In terms of development, he was a kid who played at the age of 17 and in the future he might be a player who is 22 years old and barely had more than 10 matches in each of his senior seasons.
That is a lot of experience, chemistry, learning lost.
A huge part of a theory "he is young and has potential, he might improve a lot" will go down the drain.
Look at Dembele. He is here for 4 years, he had tons of injuries. Has he improved even one bit since he came here? No.
More or less, his career and development were frozen in time because he never had a chance to play a full season, to learn and grow.

Ansu has shown when fit and healthy that he's unlike the 90% of La Masia players who fail. If he was healthy or can return back and be healthy consistently I do believe he'll become a very good player and has the potential to even be a World Class player in the future.

I'm just saying that it's too early to say his career will amount to nothing due to another setback, while I also agree he's not the generational talent some people might think he is.

DonAK

The hell does generational talent even mean?

Someone like Neymar or Haaland or Mbappe.

Someone who you can build your team around that will completely change your team and make them a competitor for major titles. Someone whose ability and level and talent is above their peers and shows that consistently.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Someone who you can build your team around that will completely change your team and make them a competitor for major titles. Someone whose ability and level and talent is above their peers and shows that consistently.

I don't consider Haaland/Mbappe as a generational talent (yet).

serghei

Meh, not really. More like regular world-class players (mind you Haaland is potential, Neymar is washed up) that are around every year spread at around 5-6 teams Europe-wise. This supposed Mbappe the generational talent was sent packing in CL by a gang of United kids let by Marcus Rashford not too long ago.

Windhook

Meh, not really. More like regular world-class players (mind you Haaland is potential, Neymar is washed up) that are around every year spread at around 5-6 teams Europe-wise. This supposed Mbappe the generational talent was sent packing in CL by a gang of United kids let by Marcus Rashford not too long ago.

I believe people are in a bit of rush to proclaim the next king of football after the Messi/Cristiano thing. I expect Mbappe and Haaland to win some BdO in the coming years, great players, but they are not phenomenal on the level which Messi/Ronaldinho/Zidane/Ronaldo da Lima/Maradona were.

DonAK

Reported he doesn't want a surgery because of his poor experiences with the butchered procedures done on him last year and half.

Home of Barca Fans