10 - Ansu Fati

wisconsincule

Because we are the only top club who are prisoners of politics, domestic players, the way how we have to play, DNA, our values etc.

In the last 20 years, RM has played possession football, counterattack football, crossing game.
Bayern has played a typical German football and Barca lite football.

At Barca, no matter what we do, we have to go back to our roots, DNA, our values.
When we don't have players good enough for our football (Messi, Xavi, Iniesta) then you get what we have today.

In a nutshell, people, fans, socios want the type of football which we played with Pep, Messi, Xavi.
Yet, it is impossible to play that way without them.

And then we get millions of excuses: we need a better coach, we need better players, we need a better president.

But nothing can make us play as under Pep ever again, not even close.
Madrid would just move to another style and adapt.
But we can't do that.

We are like a 60 years old woman who wants to look as good as when she was 20.

You won't look as good ever again.
Either accept it, adapt or die in delusion.

But again, we (Barca) are not allowed to adapt.

So, an eternal delusion it is.

Spot on. This is the harsh reality that Barcelona fans need to accept so we can move on.

Barca DNA is dead. Adapt and adopt

serghei

Again, I agree with a lot of what you said (about how we fail to adapt etc.), however, we HAVEN'T been playing "Barca football" that the club and the fans wanted, have we? The lack of fluidity and the static-ness of our play, isn't Barca football. If we care to institute whatever that is needed to play the proper "Barca football" without making any other changes, I think we would have been in a better place than we are today. I am not saying we play the football under Pep, we are a far cry from that, we are not even doing some of the basic stuff right these days.

Which is my point, it is not that we have shit players and our players are all garbage compared to other clubs, it is that we are not doing the right things with the players. If this keeps up, it doesn't matter which players we buy. We can buy all the athletic, physical, "modern", "professional" and NON-Spanish players all we want, they can still turn into shit with the current set up that has been going on for years.

He is right in many ways, despite the fatalistic part. Playing total football is damn hard without elite players, money, and an elite manager. You don't need all time greats like Pep, Messi, Eto'o, Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, Villa etc, that's an exaggeration from him. But you also can't do it with raw kids like Pedri and Gavi and with cheapo signings (read rejects) like Garcia, Alonso, Bellerin etc.

Pedri would struggle to even make the squad at 2011 Barca, let alone start in midfield.

So, it's either a) accept that we're gonna have some bad years ahead of us, or b) adapt and become a team with no style like a Madrid that simply plays the opponent (while never being as good as them at this).

It's a) all the way for me.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He is right in many ways, despite the fatalistic part. Playing total football is damn hard without elite players, money, and an elite manager. You don't need all time greats like Pep, Messi, Eto'o, Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, Villa etc, that's an exaggeration from him. But you also can't do it with raw kids like Pedri and Gavi and with cheapo signings (read rejects) like Garcia, Alonso, Bellerin etc.

Pedri would struggle to even make the squad at 2011 Barca, let alone start in midfield.

But we don't have to replicate the 2011 Barca, do we? It is not realistic to expect us to go back to the levels of the Golden Era, at the very least we should go back to the basics of what made us great (the players were certainly very important but how we approached the play, how we demand the constant moving and switching and all of that etc.). If it doesn't work with no matter what players we have, then we can think about switching to a different style. My problem is, like what you and I have discussed recently, is that we are not even playing the real "Barca way", a far cry from it.

serghei

But we don't have to replicate the 2011 Barca, do we? It is not realistic to expect us to go back to the levels of the Golden Era, at the very least we should go back to the basics of what made us great (the players were certainly very important but how we approached the play, how we demand the constant moving and switching and all of that etc.). If it doesn't work with no matter what players we have, then we can think about switching to a different style. My problem is, like what you and I have discussed recently, is that we are not even playing the real "Barca way", a far cry from it.

No, but you also can't be miles behind that. Like we are.

Take City as a model. It's too big of a gap. And it's hard to get there because any decent signing these days is 70m or over.

We need 2 fullbacks, a top class midfielder, soon a top class 9 because Lewa is going to be 35 or whatever, a LW, a new DM. :lol:

That's 500m and no sheik to fund it.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Take City as a model. It's too big of a gap. And it's hard to get there because any decent signing these days is 70m or over.

We need 2 fullbacks, a top class midfielder, soon a top class 9 because Lewa is going to be 35 or whatever, a LW, a new DM. :lol:

Yes we need signings and reinforcements for sure, my point is we can get all the right players but if we don't do the right things (from physical preparations to training to how we demand players in games, game implementation to tactics and philosophy etc.), we are not going to change much.

serghei

The approach will be slow. We need time to make starters out of some talented kids like Gavi, Pedri, Balde, Araujo.

Yes we need signings and reinforcements for sure, my point is we can get all the right players but if we don't do the right things (from physical preparations to training to how we demand players in games, game implementation to tactics and philosophy etc.), we are not going to change much.

I agree. But it's too early to know if the current staff does or doesn't do the right things. Basically we lost 4 games so far, 3 of them against much superior teams, and the other one after a massive referee robbery.

And that with massive injury list and basically our B defense.

Last edited:

Zidane82

Spot on. This is the harsh reality that Barcelona fans need to accept so we can move on.

Barca DNA is dead. Adapt and adopt

Never !!

Oddly enough I heard an interesting story about Johan Cruyff .. he shared my view that penalties should not count in a players goal tally as they were not really part of his total football dream

Masetro10

It makes me sick to see people so willing to give up on 19 year olds. Even with injuries Ansu has years and years to reach his prime. Same for Gavi and Pedri and people want to let them go for some so called real professionals or whatever? Because that works with Coutinho, Greizmann, Ibrahimovic, etc.

Unlike the past when Barca would buy the best young Brazilian players who would carry us we now have to rely on La Masia. It's the only choice. I would actually prefer we go an Athletic Bilbao route and impose a transfer ban on ourselves or only buy free agents until these young guys are experienced enough to carry the team. But to sell and give up on them is absolute BLASPHEMY to mention that makes me question if somebody is a Barca fan.

Barcilliant

It makes me sick to see people so willing to give up on 19 year olds. Even with injuries Ansu has years and years to reach his prime. Same for Gavi and Pedri and people want to let them go for some so called real professionals or whatever? Because that works with Coutinho, Greizmann, Ibrahimovic, etc.

Unlike the past when Barca would buy the best young Brazilian players who would carry us we now have to rely on La Masia. It's the only choice. I would actually prefer we go an Athletic Bilbao route and impose a transfer ban on ourselves or only buy free agents until these young guys are experienced enough to carry the team. But to sell and give up on them is absolute BLASPHEMY to mention that makes me question if somebody is a Barca fan.

Blasphemy?

So you're ok with the fact that they may end up being mediocre players?

Masetro10

Blasphemy?

So you're ok with the fact that they may end up being mediocre players?

You really think these guys are mediocre? Because they lost to Bayern and Inter without any defenders healthy with a coach who has no idea what tactics are? These players succeed despite the Mediocre coach. You want to sell the farm to buy some expensive players that will end very very very badly.

Jadentheman

Barcelona just needs better scouting. All the other top teams are finding potential talent and purchasing for 15-30M. Good return on investment. If Barca already focuses on them when they gain attention or start in the PL it's too late. Another issue is team's sloppy seconds. Barca literally took Chelsea's rejects and fresh meat. That's uh something. And now Xavi wants Kante :lol: If Jorginho was available I bet he take him too. Xavi is s stealth Chelsea stan at this point.

Home of Barca Fans