10 - Ansu Fati

Masetro10

Fati will not be the first or the last to get over hyped and then over hated. Yamal may be next. People are already projecting upon him the same hype as Ansu and if he scores this weak against Cadiz we will be in the same boat as when Ansu scored his first goal at 16. That is dangerous.

Maybe Ansu never actually had megastar talent. Maybe he was mentally crushed by expectations. Maybe it is all the injury. Maybe he is 20 years old and the jury is still out. Regardless, maybe instead of putting Balon D'or expectations upon 16 year olds we sit back and watch them develop. Messi didn't truly break out until 19. Because he was brought along carefully.

Barca should not be making a habit of shipping off youth talents either. Keep them coming but manage them better. Selling them creates doubt which will lead to our best talents jumping ship early to EPL which used to happen a lot.

Anyways if Xavi sells off Ansu I would start to worry about others soon such as Gavi and Fermin. Players with a lot less quantifiable stats who on a whim can be cast away possibly if public opinion turns against them. Just like what is happening with Ansu last season and now early this season.

FinBarcelonafan

After watching Putellas, the two time Bdor winner struggle a lot after the ACL injury. I think we have to give Fati time too. He deserves this season to show, if he can make it.

Porque

Yeah, he should get this season as he has shown improvement physically over the past months (end season + pre).

These things take time.

This Ansu push is purely financial as his wage is high and a sale will count positively on our books.

There's also Roque coming in who though not exactly the same type, is also a right footed forward.

I'm beginning to think that we are going to have serious problems registering him too, since Laporta MO is to work on the limits btw. But that's a topic for another thread.

FinBarcelonafan

Yeah, he should get this season as he has shown improvement physically over the past months (end season + pre).

These things take time.

This Ansu push is purely financial as his wage is high and a sale will count positively on our books.

There's also Roque coming in who though not exactly the same type, is also a right footed forward.

I'm beginning to think that we are going to have serious problems registering him too, since Laporta MO is to work on the limits btw. But that's a topic for another thread.

I thought the limits are being changed for January because every club struggles with Tebasrules.

January we shouldn't have any trouble.

I don't know if that was just a rumour. I hope not.

Nucky

Guess Fati decided to leave the club and find playing time somewhere else.. Good luck Ansu.. If Fati really leaves then I'm guessing its 100% that Joao Felix is coming..

BusiTheKing

Wasn't overhyped imo. My guess is he'd be our star player right now if it weren't for the injuries.

Sad story but we should really sell if we can get decent cash for him.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Mistake to let him go now that he seems finally recovered and with a pre-eason and the situation we are in (lack of forwards).

Must be the issue with Xavi or his wages. Or the fact we need to sell someone and noone will buy Ferret.

Judoman

Yeah, i don't get why the rush, considering the amount of useless players that were hanging on for years in Barca. He should have had this season to show his talent.

Andresito

Staff member
At this point I'd rather keep the squad as it is (apart from Dest and Lenglet). I read Ansu realized he won't play a key role this season, bitch the season barely started and it's not like the other attackers are thriving. He'll get his chances, if he does well he'll keep getting minutes. It's not like we have a replacement lined up.

If Ansu wants out sell him next year and have 5 players properly scouted and lined up as possible replacements, and no that doesn't include easy targets/potential expensive flops like Mudryk, Felix, Antony or whatever.

TheStig

Once upon a time a player who wanted to play got to the training pitch and train hard to show the manager that he should play more and at the end show his class on the pitch. Now everyboy bitches in the media and cries even after a very bad season like Fati had.

Still wouldn't sell him for fucking Felix tho.

Nazario1985

The only reason i can think Xavi pushed some minutes on Fati this pre-season is to get some hype on the market for him.
According to multiples people on twitter he decided to leave FCB. But who wants him ?

I don't think mid-table la Ligua teams will have enough money to risk in him.

So PL mid to low table teams.

Or a Moronic Spurs move.

Right now zero interest shown in him

BJJ

ONLY sell for 60 million plus

I think the interview his father gave tipped Xavi over the edge and he wanted him gone ever since.

It's time the club and the media stop hyping any talent that comes out of la Masia.

Most of the time it doesn't end up well

Home of Barca Fans