10 - Ansu Fati

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I don't think Xavi had anything to do with his early confidence issues, which were perfectly normal considering the circumstances...He had an incredible fall from grace, crashing seemingly overnight - from the player to usher in the post-Messi era complete with #10 to career altering injury

Took him time, I hope his confidence is there again but who wouldn't be shook after that - he has to accept he can still flourish but will have to do it by working harder in areas he didn't rely on for an edge

From the media hype, it would appear Flick is high on the player so maybe he envisions a role no one else has yet...why not? I mean who doesn't want it for him, Ansu is loved

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I am also curious. I do think he cant compete physically nor does he have the needed hunger (big wages) to grind it out like Raphinha did. Or in the way Ferran remains relevant due to his work-rate.

But let's wait and see. He is one of the most talented ones.

Andresito

Staff member
I also have my doubts. He looked very weak and scared at Brighton. Heading into duels toe first, the opposite to Gavi really.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
If being on the total opposite end you can. Wouldn't say this about Pedri for example. Big difference even between Pedri and Ansu.
Big take to claim polar opposite extreme, a bit hyperbolic

I think the effort will be there, there is a palpable atmosphere to be something we never were with Xavi - unrelenting effort and intensity

Messi983

I also have my doubts. He looked very weak and scared at Brighton. Heading into duels toe first, the opposite to Gavi really.

I think he played with lot of confidence at start of the season. Then got injured and never really got a chance again after he returned. Wouldn't be surprised if something happened between him and De Zerbi at some point. Or maybe RDZ just gave up on the season and started to play players he knew would still be there next season more.

Although he eventually left (or was probably let go but never really announced as being sacked) because he was unhappy with club's inactivity on the transfer market. Brighton had lot of injuries and they've only signed Barco in January and I guess RDZ wanted some more proven player to help them immediately which he didn't get.

Would probably be better had he stayed patient considering how much they've invested this summer. We'll never know if the same would happen if he'd stay though as it was clear he had some different ideas compared to usual Brighton's recruitment philosophy.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
He really did - I can't remember the last time I saw some intensity and grit in him. If he doesn't even try to work his ass of, than there is no sense even having him on the bench - better we give those minutes to somebody who gives a fuck.

vegitot

One thing you may consider is his attitude. Lucho post World Cup implied that it was a mistake to call up Fati for WC. De Zerbi said he is not good and bad attitude too.

Xavi didn't say anything but truth is he didn't trust Fati at all when he was healthy for the whole season.

He will have a fresh start under Flick. Let's see.

Birdy

Yes, there was some negativity in his attitude. That has probably to do with his exclusion from Xavi's plans, and seeing others climbing the pecking order above him, or even the club forcing him to go out on loan, and loaning Felix in his place

I hope his attitude will be much better now under Flick

Home of Barca Fans