10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry_IB

Banned
What exactly was it with Messi during the 09/10 season you thought was so amazing? The only thing I really missed from the 09/10 Messi was the same passion. I am not sure if it might be because he is tired mentally or physically but somehow I at least get the feeling that he doesn't burn for it as badly as in 09/10, judging by goal celebrations, how much effort is put into every game - I also feel his dribbling, runs and finishing were slightly better and had a higher % of success than it has now.

However, statistically Messi has never had a better season than now.

09/10 season - 47 goals, 11 assists.
This season - 37 goals and 18 assist, halfway through.

He has developed so much tactically that it doesn't matter that he might be slightly worse at finishing, dribbling etc, he creates so many more opportunities for himself than in 09/10. His vision and creativity is beyond godly. Some of his best moves, passes and goals have been in this season.

Apart from the recent dip in form, I think he has been at his career best so far and hopefully it will only improve.

Juan03

I think it's only a dip in form due to tireness and not loss of motivation, hopefully he'll be at full steam for the remaining part of the season which is the most important. However, the alleged lack of clinical finishing, and out of this world dribbles have been made up with superb playmaking skills this season. His assists are a testament to that, and to be fair he's always have great vision but this season he is exploiting it.

I'd say he really misses Villa and Pedro too and this has affected his game as well.

Genossa

Feels like anytime Messi wears a new model or colour of shoe he seems off. And adidas has asked given him like 3 different colors within the last few months.

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
511434156.jpg

Messi with the beard is just too badass...

Fuckin' awesome.

ivan22

What exactly was it with Messi during the 09/10 season you thought was so amazing? The only thing I really missed from the 09/10 Messi was the same passion. I am not sure if it might be because he is tired mentally or physically but somehow I at least get the feeling that he doesn't burn for it as badly as in 09/10, judging by goal celebrations, how much effort is put into every game - I also feel his dribbling, runs and finishing were slightly better and had a higher % of success than it has now.

However, statistically Messi has never had a better season than now.

09/10 season - 47 goals, 11 assists.
This season - 37 goals and 18 assist, halfway through.

He has developed so much tactically that it doesn't matter that he might be slightly worse at finishing, dribbling etc, he creates so many more opportunities for himself than in 09/10. His vision and creativity is beyond godly. Some of his best moves, passes and goals have been in this season.

Apart from the recent dip in form, I think he has been at his career best so far and hopefully it will only improve.

Absolutley! I have exactly the same feeling when I'm watching Leo play these days. Still his stats are ridiculous, which shows us what a god he is.

My prediction is that leo will gain this passion/hunger - however you wanna call it - back when he plays CL again. He will explode!

Yaotzin

Messi's minutes on the pitch: 1847
David Silva's: 1954
Rooney's: 1816
Nani: 1772
Aguero: 1693
Mata: 1781
Bale: 2184
Modric: 2060

Point is, Messi's minutes simply aren't notable amongst the top players. They all play a lot, and many of them do more running than Messi.

He doesn't look quite right, but with a winter break and these stats, there's no way he's tired. At least, no more than other top players.

To me he looks short of confidence, strange as that is for such an exceptional player. A lot of his shots have no thinking behind them, just smacked towards goal - something low confidence players tend to do. When he's in form he's chipping it, or passing it into the corner or something.

K

kroki223

Point is, Messi's minutes simply aren't notable amongst the top players. They all play a lot, and many of them do more running than Messi.

He doesn't look quite right, but with a winter break and these stats, there's no way he's tired. At least, no more than other top players.

To me he looks short of confidence, strange as that is for such an exceptional player. A lot of his shots have no thinking behind them, just smacked towards goal - something low confidence players tend to do. When he's in form he's chipping it, or passing it into the corner or something.

I think he has pgysical and mental problems. Messi wrote some messages on sport.es and he wrote, that he has physical problems, I think because of it he can't run so much. He has never been so strong physically. He has been playing non stop.

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
Europe's top 5 leagues: WhoScored top rated players at home: Messi 9.54, Reus 8.58, Xavi 8.49, Schweinsteiger 8.45, Ronaldo 8.43

Europe's top 5 leagues: WhoScored top rated players away from home - Ibrahimovic 8.08, Ronaldo 8.07, Klose 7.74, van Persie 7.71, Messi 7.70

Maria

Now do the same top but for all competitions + NTs for the last 3 and a half years..and you may have a surprise.

Rahj

I think he has pgysical and mental problems. Messi wrote some messages on sport.es and he wrote, that he has physical problems, I think because of it he can't run so much. He has never been so strong physically. He has been playing non stop.
could you give us a link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans