10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xaviniesta

the fact that he's from south america also play part here. long trips and time zone plays a huge part on your mental and physical condition. thats probably why he walked the whole game against espanyol and hasn't find the right form since the winter break.

Last edited:

Maria

Mario Kempes talked about Barcelona in the spanish press and said that not only Leo, but manny of our players are worse this year than the last..he also said that Messi needs a long vacation after this season and that otherwise will be long term consequences. Hope to find the longer version of the interview..

This video makes me so emotional :cry:..seeing how Busi is the one who assisted 2 of Leo's best ever goals, can we say from now on that Messi's nothing without him? :)

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
seeing how Busi is the one who assisted 2 of Leo's best ever goals, can we say from now on that Messi's nothing without him? :)

Are you kidding me? It's obvious Messi is nothing without Busquets... To be honest, Busquets is what makes any other player in the world what they are, even those who don't play in our team...

Messi always comes second to Busquets... FACT!

Pepe Silvia

I was gonna point out Messi's slight dip in form but about 100 of you ran in here and beat me to it. His stats say he is well above any other year overall as a footballer and his evolution will only continue making him do things no other footballer could dream of.

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
Are you kidding me? It's obvious Messi is nothing without Busquets... To be honest, Busquets is what makes any other player in the world what they are, even those who don't play in our team...

Messi always comes second to Busquets... FACT!
I've heard that Messi and Busquets are no longer talking.

Yaotzin

Now do the same top but for all competitions + NTs for the last 3 and a half years..and you may have a surprise.
Don't have those stats available to me :(

I'm sure he's very high up. I'm also sure Ronaldo, Rooney, and all the other mentioned names are as well. Physically, players can deal with this.

That said, I agree the mental strain is great, and combined with the NT issues he's probably had more than enough stress. Probably puts himself under immense pressure too. A good long holiday would be fantastic for him.

And part of me hopes we lose a couple games so we can just rest these guys. Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, all of them need a good proper break.

Maria

Messi's minutes on the pitch: 1847
David Silva's: 1954
Rooney's: 1816
Nani: 1772
Aguero: 1693
Mata: 1781
Bale: 2184
Modric: 2060

Point is, Messi's minutes simply aren't notable amongst the top players. They all play a lot, and many of them do more running than Messi.

Messi : 3810
Cristiano :3636
Mata: 3415
David Silva: 3359
Nani: 3348
Modric: 3189
Xavi: 3078
Bale: 2977
Rooney: 2898
Aguero: 2589

*I've taken into account the minutes played for clubs in the 2011/2012 season and the minutes played for the NT in 2011
**so as you can see only Cristiano came close to Messi's number this season(probably also for the last 3 seasons)

K

kroki223

Messi played last time in August in 35 degree, and later in Colombia in 35 degree. He plays always football. He needs a rest, but there is no chance. Believe me he can be physically and mentally exhausted.

Clockwise

Buccaneer
Leo on his weibo: Me duelen las piernas pero estoy feliz por otra victoria.!!!!!! Estoy orgulloso de mis compañeros. Aguante el Barça

google translate: My legs hurt but I'm happy for another victory.!! I am proud of my teammates. Hold the club

he should be rested the in the first opportunity we get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans