10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

abual3bed1

If Xavi/Iniesta, RVP, Zlatan or Ronaldo has a truly great Euros then they'll be up there. Especially if Zlatan got Sweden to the final or something to go with (probably) winning Serie A and having a decent CL run.

Ronaldo is fucked already by having Holland and Germany in the same group but still can do something with his club .. Zlatan I see has a real shot in the Euros with clear chance for Serie A .. as any good results for Sweden will be because of him like Milan now .. RVP already having a great season .. but sadly is on individual level .. Arsenal isn't helping him at all .. and any achievement for Holland can be spread mainly between him and Robben ..

MagIX

There is a difference between being a great player and a great goalscorer. Gerd Müller has scored 398 goals in 453 games for Bayern and 68 goals in 62 games for Germany and he has even won a World and Euro Cup. Yet no one considers him among legends like Maradona (who has a rather poor goal scoring record by the way). When you talk about Messi, you remember his performances (THAT goal against Real Madrid in the CL semis, THAT performance against Arsenal in the CL quarters, the 5 goal performance against Leverkusen, THAT pass to Villa in the 5-0 mauling of Real Madrid, THAT dribble when he was 19 years old against Getafe, that CL final performance where he was nutmegging half of Manchester United's team). When you talk about Ronaldo, you are talking about numbers only. People will always remember performances, not numbers. While Ronaldo deserves a lot of credit for his goal scoring record, goal scoring alone doesn't make a great player, let alone an all-time great.

:thumbsup2:
wise words

ammarfcb

ze special one

tumblr_m0qoi2BZZt1r6b514o1_500.jpg

“Guardiola is more important than I am for Barça.”
— Lionel Messi

tumblr_m0mvfqQchz1qiodj1.gif

barcafc

Tw Steve Nash (Phoenix Suns): "A futbol wiseman said 'I don't care if Ronaldo does 6000 sit ups, he'll never be as good as Messi' True?

abual3bed1

Brazillian players will not shut up :lol: .. Romario is back: Messi is the best right now .. but to be the best ever he has to be better than Maradona .. then me and I'm better than Maradon and finally Pele who's on top of all players .. that won't happen till he wins the world cup "

:lol: what is it with those people (brazillian players) ??

it looks like when Pele or Romario in a confrence it's like: " thank you all for coming .. Messi is not the best player ever .. and then carry on "

Last edited:

Maria

Brazillian players will not shut up :lol: .. Romario is back: Messi is the best right now .. but to be the best ever he has to be better than Maradona .. then me and I'm better that Maradon and finally Pele who's on top of all players .. that won't happen till he wins the world cup "

it looks like when Pele or Romario in a confrence it's like: " thank you all for coming .. Messi is not the best player ever .. and then carry on "

10xagzl.gif

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
Brazillian players will not shut up :lol: .. Romario is back: Messi is the best right now .. but to be the best ever he has to be better than Maradona .. then me and I'm better that Maradon and finally Pele who's on top of all players .. that won't happen till he wins the world cup "

Romario kills me.

anyway ... you have to take in consideration what Brazillian players who grew up with the legend of Pele. It's like Canadian hockey players and Gretzky, or American basketball players and Magic (*EDIT* sorry, I meant to type Jordan, but my subconscious wouldn't let me do it). it was common (and unquestioned) belief that Pele is the best. of course they will get defensive when someone else (and an Argentinian no less) is claimed to be better. And for Brasil, the World Cup is everything. for them, if someone is not good enough to do it in the World Cup they cannot be considered the best. and Romario did lead Brasil to their 4th title (and 1st since Pele).

it's a culture thing. simple as.

I still can't stop grinning over "and I'm better than Maradona" LOL.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

WC is overvalued here, because brazil is the country with most titles. The generation of 82 was awesome, but is undervalued here because it didn't win the wc. Add to that the rivalry with argentina, and that's why brazilian players say that about Messi.

abual3bed1

WC is overvalued here, because brazil is the country with most titles. The generation of 82 was awesome, but is undervalued here because it didn't win the wc. Add to that the rivalry with argentina, and that's why brazilian players say that about Messi.

alright that's true .. but they don't need to say it each and every day ..

B

barcelonista

With all those Brazilians talking shit about Messi, Messi looks destined to win the WC in Brazil in 2014. It will be a similar moment to those where people claimed "he can't do it against English teams" (4 goals against Arsenal) and "he can't do it on English soil" (manhandling Manchester United). I just know that he'll peak around 2014 when he's 27 and do a "Maradona 1986". Not even Demichelis-Milito CB partnership for Argentina will stop him.

tumblr_lzemctZ3Mc1qi3ljs.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans