10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
scaled.php

Messi :worthy:

Rahj

TBH I always wanted us to sign his son, would have made a crazy combination with Messi. But Cesc has taken his place now :( Sad because Muller and Messi would be even more devastating

his son? gerd müller isn't related to thomas müller.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Wait, what?

I meant to say not that the award, should he win it, would prove that he is a better player than Messi but in that particular season for his number of goals and team titles he'd win it.

Should he win the CL and League.

gingerless

his son? gerd müller isn't related to thomas müller.

don't mind him, he was dropped on his head as a baby but when they took him to the doctor he said everything is fine as there was nothing inside his head to have taken any damage to begin with

Yaotzin

I meant to say not that the award, should he win it, would prove that he is a better player than Messi but in that particular season for his number of goals and team titles he'd win it.

Should he win the CL and League.
He has no chance even if Barca lose Copa & CL and Ronaldo leads Madrid to CL win. Messi's going to break his own stats record and everyone knows he's the best.

Lesser players only win it when there isn't really a standout leader, or there are multiple so votes get divided (Owen ahhahahahahaha).

lessthanjake

Not even when Sneijder had a sextuple plus WC final he could took away Messi's trophy. This Messi is even a better player, with an even higher status. When Messi drops the level a lot(not Barcelona trophies wise) only then other players have a chance to take the trophy away from him

The difference is that Sneijder was not arguably the 2nd best player in the world that season. He was just the best player on a treble winning team and WC Finalist. Ronaldo is arguably the 2nd best player in the world (I say arguably because Xavi and Iniesta certainly have arguments for it too) and is scoring goals at an insane and historic rate that is going to ultimately put him in the all-time-great category.

If there is a player who is the 2nd best in the world, playing at an all-time-great level and he wins important trophies over the best player in the world at the time, then it is not far-fetched for him to get the Ballon D'or.

EDIT: With that said, I happen to think that Messi will still win it, both because I do not think Madrid will get the CL, and because I think Messi is enough better than Ronaldo to still probably win even if Madrid did get the CL.

gingerless

The difference is that Sneijder was not arguably the 2nd best player in the world that season. He was just the best player on a treble winning team and WC Finalist. Ronaldo is arguably the 2nd best player in the world (I say arguably because Xavi and Iniesta certainly have arguments for it too) and is scoring goals at an insane and historic rate that is going to ultimately put him in the all-time-great category.

If there is a player who is the 2nd best in the world, playing at an all-time-great level and he wins important trophies over the best player in the world at the time, then it is not far-fetched for him to get the Ballon D'or.

527-no-because-no.jpg

Povikas

Brandon
I remember myself thinking before the start of the season, that he'll not top his previous seasons' goalscoring record.. but hey.. :messi:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans