10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maria

You know what I love about Messi? Look at his reaction after Tello scores. Messi is on the left of the screen just after his shot. You dont see that sort of excitement from many players these days when there team mates score.

I hope he continues like this until the end of the season(starting with Mallorca)..with Messi being so motivated I have no doubt we will win at least a trophy.

AURELIUS

It is getting tiresome all these idiots who try anything they can, to do down Messi's acheivements.

Every argument that has been put in his path that he supposedly could not do this or that he has dispelled.

As for supposedly being boring ? Does anyone know him personally or vouch for his sense of humour or interests ? He is paid (and unlike many modern footballers would do it unpaid) to bring his skills to bear on the pitch to benefit the club and Argentina. Those self same critics who level this pathetic accusation ,do so because they have nothing else to attack him with . Have they actually looked at themselves and seen that they themselves may be boring ?

I think he is the epitome of an old fashioned footballer and all the more power to his elbow for being so. No stupid tattoo's, flashy cars or sleazing around in nightclubs cheating on his partner. None of these pathetic choreographed celebrations or constantly pointing to his name on the back of his shirt.And an unwillingness to simulate to the nth degree.

He isn't perfect but then he is human. If only more footballers were like him (in terms of their behaviour) the game would be in a far better state

Last edited:

Pepe Silvia

definite assist.
I always considered that unintentional and unassisted. He took a shot and did not intend to assist Tello, even though the goalie's shot block went right to him. I see that more as a free for all, opportunistic strike. Can you or anyone in favor of the assist elaborate?

EDIT: Champagne trolling by Raed on this page :lol: well done man

CesDel

Messi is the first player that I have seen that have been criticized for being boring. Maldini, Zidane, Raul and Scholes have all been complimented for not wanting to speak that much to the media/stay out of the spotlight outside football and yet Messi does the same and he is called boring. Its the same with this shit that Xavi, Iniesta and Messi gets criticized for staying at one club and if they all want to be legend they most move to another team,preferable a team in the EPL, when other player gets complimented on staying in one team throughout their career...

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
:lol: No body is complaining that MEssi is boring off the pitch

Moreover he is kinda badass when amongst his buddies... Abi wouldn't choke him just like that!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans