10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mitkoa7x

Iniesta made Horse a World Cup winner. FACT.
Horse missed 2 great chances to win the game for Spain in the 1st half. 2nd FACT.

Maria

Where did I 'blame' Messi? The only thing I said is that his leadership skills aren't ripe because of his young age. It is not his fault, nor a criticism, it is just the way it is, he is not that type of player (yet?).

So if Argentina needs a Xavi then you agree with me that Xavi activates Messi's genius?

pep-guardiola-1.jpg

No, I don't..if anything, Iniesta is the player that has the biggest influence on Messi's game and this year it became more visible(it's no coincidence that Messi's return to form has happend in the same time as the spaniard's return from injury). I am one of those who believe that, despite of his goalscoring record this season, Xavi is no where near of what he has been between 2008-2011 and Pep knows it and he's trying to change from a Barca who belongs to Messi and Xavi to a Barca who's most important people will be Messi, Iniesta and Busi. This is a season of transition for us and next year will be more evident that what I'm telling you it's true.

That is what the Argentinian fans are mad about, because his mazy runs, curling shots have pulled Barcelona through on so many occasions but he rarely went on one of those inspired out of this world plays for Argentina.

Like I said, eventually he will learn to adapt to new roles, he will grab the games by the scruff of the neck as seen in his last game with Argentina (or was it last two?), but he will also need to make a statement and push Argentina into its own path, away from replicating Barcas.

Yup. Hardly anyone here would argue that, no? Part of the reason is he cannot surrender some duties to other players with confidence.

Argentina's first XI from last game: Romero; Campagnaro, Garay, Fernandez, Zabaleta; Maxi Rodriguez, Braña, Mascherano, Sosa; Messi, Aguero. To whom should he surrend those duties(apart from Aguero)? :lol:

That team is too disjointed for it to win anything..and I think that before the argentinians ask something from Messi, they should at least make a team for him and decide wether he should play as a no.10 or as a striker. But they won't do it and will get trashed by Germany or Spain again and everyone will just blame Messi.

Senna(at th EC 2008), Busi(at the WC 2010), Villa and Casillas were just as important for Spain's succes as Xavi and Iniesta.

But hey, as long as Spain(a NT team who apparently has only Xavi and Iniesta and no depth whatsoever) won the WC, then we can sell Messi and we would still win numerous trophies..especially competing with this RM.

Last edited:
K

kroki223

I think the biggest influence on Messi's game is Alves. NO INIESTA, NO XAVI BUT ALVES!!!! MESSI IS A TRUE LEADER WITH ARGENTINA TOO.

K

kroki223

Without Messi Barca couldn't have won so many trophies. One or two matches they can win, but for a long time they wouldn't win so many matches. I'm sure.

K

kroki223

Messi carry the whole team on his shoulders!!!! Let see the matches!!!!! Some people are blind! Messi is the most creative footballer in argentina!! Messi will win the wc!!!!

K

kroki223

Messi plays the same with Argentina, and he makes it well. He gave a lot of assists, and scores goals. Against Switzerland he scored 3 goals. Against Brazilian he scored a fantastic goal. he has a big influence on the team reasult. What do you want from him?? If he scores 1 goal, it isn't enough, or gives assists. Too hihg expectation! It isn't normal!!!

Witout Xavi Messi scored 3 goals in a match. Not just on one match. What are you talking about?

X

xaviniesta

i've always wondered if all the messihaters say that xavi and iniesta can make even a medicore player like messi look like the best player in the world and yet when it comes to giving the ballon d'or award, everybody still talking about messi and cristiano.

jackie-chan-meme.png

Last edited:
B

Besiktas

Here are the stats from this year in order to finish xavi iniesta dependecy polemics. i examined every match and here are the stats.

messi with xavi and iniesta in the field : (1.469 minutes) 17 goal (scores a goal in every 86,4 minutes with both of them)
messi with xavi , without iniesta : (1.174 minutes) 14 goal (scores a goal in every 83,8 minutes with only xavi)
messi with iniesta , without xavi : (611 minutes) 10 goal (scores a goal in every 61,1 minutes with only iniesta)
messi without both xavi and iniesta : (710 minutes) 14 goal (scores a goal in every 50,71 without both of them)

I know that the opponents in these matches can affect this numbers. But a goal in every 50,71 is a simply amazing stat whoever the opponent is.

Now, it is time to start Messi depends Fabregas and Thiago polemic for Cristiana fanboys :pep:

Anyway it is my first post to this forum. Hello to all Barca fans. I am a Barca fan from Turkey. I love the way Barca plays very much. My life is going really bad. The only thing that holds me in life is Barcelona matches. In these moments I feel happy. One day I want to see this legendary team in Camp Nou before Xavi retires.

Kerrybai

As ive said before he is not 'improved' by other players, he is just given the chance to showcase his talent more.

He proved himself etoo, R10, Iniesta, Xavi, Thiago, Ibra, Pedro, Busi, Alves, Fabregas. He has shown how well he can link up with a number of players. We would not be having this conversation if it was Andy carroll because he would not score all around him and therefore the likes of xavi and iniesta wouldnt get a load of assists. They probably wouldnt have even received Ballon Dor nominations. If anything it is Messi who makes them look good. People in this forum seem to focus on Messi's goals and ignore his 100 assists. 100 hunder freaking assists!

oggmar

Here are the stats from this year in order to finish xavi iniesta dependecy polemics. i examined every match and here are the stats.

messi with xavi and iniesta in the field : (1.469 minutes) 17 goal (scores a goal in every 86,4 minutes with both of them)
messi with xavi , without iniesta : (1.174 minutes) 14 goal (scores a goal in every 83,8 minutes with only xavi)
messi with iniesta , without xavi : (611 minutes) 10 goal (scores a goal in every 61,1 minutes with only iniesta)
messi without both xavi and iniesta : (710 minutes) 14 goal (scores a goal in every 50,71 without both of them)

I know that the opponents in these matches can affect this numbers. But a goal in every 50,71 is a simply amazing stat whoever the opponent is.

Now, it is time to start Messi depends Fabregas and Thiago polemic for Cristiana fanboys :pep:

Anyway it is my first post to this forum. Hello to all Barca fans. I am a Barca fan from Turkey. I love the way Barca plays very much. My life is going really bad. The only thing that holds me in life is Barcelona matches. In these moments I feel happy. One day I want to see this legendary team in Camp Nou before Xavi retires.

First off, chin up! Whatever your going through will get better, believe it.

Second; Great first post, very interesting stats. Keep up with great posts like this in the future will you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans