10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
i've always wondered if all the messihaters say that xavi and iniesta can make even a medicore player like messi look like the best player in the world and yet when it comes to giving the ballon d'or award, everybody still talking about messi and cristiano.

jackie-chan-meme.png

He would still be the best player in the world, with or without them. Make no mistake.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Here are the stats from this year in order to finish xavi iniesta dependecy polemics. i examined every match and here are the stats.

messi with xavi and iniesta in the field : (1.469 minutes) 17 goal (scores a goal in every 86,4 minutes with both of them)
messi with xavi , without iniesta : (1.174 minutes) 14 goal (scores a goal in every 83,8 minutes with only xavi)
messi with iniesta , without xavi : (611 minutes) 10 goal (scores a goal in every 61,1 minutes with only iniesta)
messi without both xavi and iniesta : (710 minutes) 14 goal (scores a goal in every 50,71 without both of them)

I know that the opponents in these matches can affect this numbers. But a goal in every 50,71 is a simply amazing stat whoever the opponent is.

Now, it is time to start Messi depends Fabregas and Thiago polemic for Cristiana fanboys :pep:

Anyway it is my first post to this forum. Hello to all Barca fans. I am a Barca fan from Turkey. I love the way Barca plays very much. My life is going really bad. The only thing that holds me in life is Barcelona matches. In these moments I feel happy. One day I want to see this legendary team in Camp Nou before Xavi retires.

Awesome finds, surely adjusts perspective, reinforces the idea that someone here said: he is activated through the system. Doesn't change the fact that he struggled in the World Cup and in Copa America. And Messi depends on Maxi Lopez.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
As ive said before he is not 'improved' by other players, he is just given the chance to showcase his talent more.

He proved himself etoo, R10, Iniesta, Xavi, Thiago, Ibra, Pedro, Busi, Alves, Fabregas. He has shown how well he can link up with a number of players. We would not be having this conversation if it was Andy carroll because he would not score all around him and therefore the likes of xavi and iniesta wouldnt get a load of assists. They probably wouldnt have even received Ballon Dor nominations. If anything it is Messi who makes them look good. People in this forum seem to focus on Messi's goals and ignore his 100 assists. 100 hunder freaking assists!

If you have seen Meta's production tables, he is freakishly high and beyond anyone else because of his assists. For all his troubles in the WC and Copa, he was responsible for most of the goals Argenatina scored. In fact, Higuain's record is good because of Messi.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
pep-guardiola-1.jpg

No, I don't..if anything, Iniesta is the player that has the biggest influence on Messi's game and this year it became more visible(it's no coincidence that Messi's return to form has happend in the same time as the spaniard's return from injury). I am one of those who believe that, despite of his goalscoring record this season, Xavi is no where near of what he has been between 2008-2011 and Pep knows it and he's trying to change from a Barca who belongs to Messi and Xavi to a Barca who's most important people will be Messi, Iniesta and Busi. This is a season of transition for us and next year will be more evident that what I'm telling you it's true.

Good observation. Now, considering Iniesta is a god damn boss, hardly a transition down, you just need Iniesta to carry the team day in day out like Xavi would. And you'd think Pastore would theorically see Messi transition his club form to the internationals or at least bridge the gap somewhat.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire

Argentina's first XI from last game: Romero; Campagnaro, Garay, Fernandez, Zabaleta; Maxi Rodriguez, Braña, Mascherano, Sosa; Messi, Aguero. To whom should he surrend those duties(apart from Aguero)? :lol:

That team is too disjointed for it to win anything..and I think that before the argentinians ask something from Messi, they should at least make a team for him and decide wether he should play as a no.10 or as a striker. But they won't do it and will get trashed by Germany or Spain again and everyone will just blame Messi.
[/QUOTE]

No, you are right. What a fuckin' garbage team this is. Soooo depressing. Even when playing with Gago/Evar Banega so a much lesser extent Pastore, that team is full of garbage.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Senna(at th EC 2008), Busi(at the WC 2010), Villa and Casillas were just as important for Spain's succes as Xavi and Iniesta.

But hey, as long as Spain(a NT team who apparently has only Xavi and Iniesta and no depth whatsoever) won the WC, then we can sell Messi and we would still win numerous trophies..especially competing with this RM.

OMG! Are you always so serious?

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
C-C-C-C-Combo Breaker!!!

Re: Messi. He's already come good at the national team. Was a boss during Copa America, but Di Maria seemed to believe he was the star of the team, and although Angel did well he didn't combine with his team mates. Higuain and Aguero did well, though. The midfield was a disaster, which meant Messi had to play as a midfielder... So he started trying to dribble the opposition, got fouled all the time and subsequently only featured in patches, looking lost and tired. Still managed to create everything of danger for Argentina... but wasn't enough.

Last edited:

Maria

Good observation. Now, considering Iniesta is a god damn boss, hardly a transition down, you just need Iniesta to carry the team day in day out like Xavi would. And you'd think Pastore would theorically see Messi transition his club form to the internationals or at least bridge the gap somewhat.

I don't think that Pep wants to see Iniesta "carying the team" like Xavi did..he wants Busi and Iniesta to share some of Xavi's duties. And tin theory yes, Pastore could help Messi, but we will never know if Sabella doesn't use him.

No, you are right. What a fuckin' garbage team this is. Soooo depressing. Even when playing with Gago/Evar Banega so a much lesser extent Pastore, that team is full of garbage.

The problem is that all these players are so inconsistent it's not even funny..maybe Lamela will be a better bet, but he is still too young to know what will come out of him. And even if Messi starts playing like he does for Barca, I don't think that's enough because Argentina doesn't know how to deffend as a team.

OMG! Are you always so serious?

And are you always trolling? ;)

K

kroki223

Awesome finds, surely adjusts perspective, reinforces the idea that someone here said: he is activated through the system. Doesn't change the fact that he struggled in the World Cup and in Copa America. And Messi depends on Maxi Lopez.

I don't think, that he struggled in the wc or copy america. He played well. I don't understand, why people make a big circus from goalscoring. Football isn't just scoring goals.

Maria

I don't think, that he struggled in the wc or copy america. He played well. I don't understand, why people make a big circus from goalscoring. Football isn't just scoring goals.

Messi was Argentina's best player at the WC, but he was awful at CA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans