10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ender

so leo needs to score 8 goals to equal Pele. I think its possible.
It's certainly possible. He's averaging 1-2 goals a game, if I recall correctly. He is guaranteed 11 more games, with the potential for 12.

8 La Liga
2 Champions League Semi-Final
1 Copa del Rey Final
(1 Champions League Final)

Hatem Ben Arfa

This is a fair topic for debate, so I don't want to hear any of you crying about it. If it is news and a current topic it should be allowed to be debated:

Cuenca denies Messi rift

Barcelona forward Isaac Cuenca said he does not have a problem with Lionel Messi berating him during matches.

The Argentine star has been seen voicing his frustration at some of his younger colleagues, including Cuenca ad Cristian Tello, during the first leg of their Champions League quarter-final at AC Milan.

But the Spain Under-21 star feels that players reacting emotionally during matches is all part of the game.

"I think it's only normal that we get a bit angry with each other occasionally. Well, that we correct each other to be more precise, rather than being angry," Cuenca told AS.

"It helps us to continue to improve and keep an eye on our team-mates to give a pass that we otherwise wouldn't have seen the opportunity for.

"It's normal to get a bit frustrated when you are running and waiting for a pass, and the other guy doesn't see you."

Barcelona are currently preparing for the La Liga game away against Real Zaragoza on Saturday.

Cuenca says he doesn't have a problem with it, and that is fine he's being genuine. It obviously does not affect his confidence. But not everyone is the same. Bojan being the perfect example of fragile confidence in youngsters.

F

Flavia

I don't want to hear any of you crying about it
what is that supposed to mean? It's not because AS or any other site publishes something that it is automatically a topic for debate. And the news says exactly what everybody already said in here... And you Also have already said your opinion about it. Why discuss this again, if nothing new happened?

Hatem Ben Arfa

what is that supposed to mean? It's not because AS or any other site publishes something that it is automatically a topic for debate. And the news says exactly what everybody already said in here... And you Also have already said your opinion about it. Why discuss this again, if nothing new happened?

I think you know what it means.

The fact that it is published news should mean that it is ALLOWED TO BE DEBATED! Some people on here just can't stand that if the current topic highlights something that is not in a good light.

why discuss it again? because we did not have quotes from one of the players that have been on the end of a barrage from Messi. that is why I am discussing it again.

yes the news says what others said on here which contradicts my opinion on it affecting his confidence. I am happy to debate a topic like an adult and acknowledge new facts that do not support my opinion. I won't go about taking it like a personal affront like some on here and start being obnoxious and throwing insults.

F

Flavia

I think you know what it means.

The fact that it is published news should mean that it is ALLOWED TO BE DEBATED! Some people on here just can't stand that if the current topic highlights something that is not in a good light.

why discuss it again? because we did not have quotes from one of the players that have been on the end of a barrage from Messi. that is why I am discussing it again.

yes the news says what others said on here which contradicts my opinion on it affecting his confidence. I am happy to debate a topic like an adult and acknowledge new facts that do not support my opinion. I won't go about taking it like a personal affront like some on here and start being obnoxious and throwing insults.
And what exactly do you want to debate? That Cuenca just proved your assumptions were wrong?

Kerrybai

Nothing new here - the last time we were divided into 2 camps. Hatem on one side and everyone else on the other side. Now you have provided something that further backs up our side. If you find something relevant to your side of the argument then you will have a reason to re-open the debate.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
don't see why this is a problem. great players are very critical of their teammates in the heat of the moment. you either come to accept it or you leave before the pressure causes your soul to implode.

Cuenca will either adapt and blossom or he won't.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Well Dunga basically mopped the floor with his team in 1994 final. Was an awesome captain. You cannot have pussies around the top, if Cuenca had any problem with what Messi had to say he can fuck off elsewhere. I am sure he completely got over it right away. Because you know, he is not a hormonal bitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans