10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xaviniesta

"Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital."

Maria

very good chart... if only statistics could tell half the tale

Indeed..I've watched the match against Getafe again and it's impressive the number of chances Messi creates for the others..if it would have been any other footballer, we would have been impressed with his performance, but with Leo we know that he is capable of more. And we're never satisfied.

Pepe Silvia

love how they conveniently tailored the stats to make cr look superior... lets add in that messi is above cr in the following:
  • pass success % (84.1, 80.9)
  • assists (14, 11)
  • interceptions (.6, .5)
  • key passes per game (2.6, 1.6)
  • successful dribbles per game (4.8, 1.8)
  • accurate through balls per game (1.5, .5)
  • accurate long balls per game (1.4, 1.2)
see what i did there?

at any rate, anyone who's anyone knows there is no comparing the one and only Leo Messi to CR, as good as he may be.

messi really is from another planet.

joffess

love how they conveniently tailored the stats to make cr look superior... lets add in that messi is above cr in the following:
  • pass success % (84.1, 80.9)
  • assists (14, 11)
  • interceptions (.6, .5)
  • key passes per game (2.6, 1.6)
  • successful dribbles per game (4.8, 1.8)
  • accurate through balls per game (1.5, .5)
  • accurate long balls per game (1.4, 1.2)
see what i did there?

at any rate, anyone who's anyone knows there is no comparing the one and only Leo Messi to CR, as good as he may be.

messi really is from another planet.

Let's not forget cl stats, am I naive to guess that Messi's cl stats are at least twice as good as cr's?

BarcaOG

Banned
true. they completely omitted how messi outclassed ronaldo in every department in europe's top competition.. oh and the fact that, overall, leo has more goals than cr... but then again... the numbers dont do justice

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
R5WGt.gif

:lol:

BarcaGirl

Christian Vieri:

"Messi and Ronaldo? They are two champions, but Messi is the best player in the world."
"Messi is a team player, he gives 6-7 assists each games, while Ronaldo often looks for personal success."
"Messi is similar to Maradona. They have the same build, the same height, the same feet..."

aki13

Christian Vieri:

"Messi and Ronaldo? They are two champions, but Messi is the best player in the world."
"Messi is a team player, he gives 6-7 assists each games, while Ronaldo often looks for personal success."
"Messi is similar to Maradona. They have the same build, the same height, the same feet..."

Yep.

I think its clear as a goal scorer Ronaldo is fantastic in Liga football, but when it comes to creating chances for others, playing the game on a wider scale and moving into Champions League level, Messi is far superior.

Ronaldo = A great goal scorer
Messi = The best there's ever been at every aspect of the game. Makes the beautiful game more beutiful. (Although I am slightly biased. ;))

Galning

The Messi-Ronaldo debates are so pointless. If you ever watch a football game without shit in your eyes it's pretty clear who the superior player is.
Can't believe Culés still want to argue about it.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
The thing is that the overall press insists on comparing them, I guess it's good for bussiness... It gets even worse when Cristina scores a hat trick or a long range effort/freekick, suddenly all the balls he has sent flying to the upper decks of stadiums are immediatly forgotten and we hear terms like "rockets" and "tomahawk" and bullshit like that...

B

barcelonista

When Cristiano scores a hattrick, he's being compared to Messi.
When Messi scores a hattrick, he's being compared to Maradona, Pelé and Di Stefano.

/thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans