10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ender

Iniesta MOM against Chelsea???? Don't tell me! Messi couldn't score because Xavi and iniesta didn't play well? He scored a lot of goals without them. he doesn't have help in front. No the main problem is, that the others couldn't score. Messi was hindered, because Xavi, Iniesta, Sanchez, Fabregas, Thiago Puyol couldn't score!!!!!!Messi gave good balls, but where were Xavi and Iniesta with the good balls??? why Iniesta played on the left???
I was going to read the whole thing, but I got distracted by all the questions marks and exclamation points.

K

kroki223

Puyol was great, but Iniesta not. Absolutely not. I spoke about the finishing.

Pepe Silvia

How is that Xavi's and Iniesta's fault? You just answered your own criticism: they have no one to pass to forward, hence the need to pass sideways or backward.
Yes, but Iniesta's passing was dreadful during the match so it doesn't matter that he had no one to pass to, he simply was not looking sharp or focused overall.

I'm sure in Camp Nou tomorrow, Pep will have the answers to let the Don loose. Pep needs to bring in Tony Robbins to talk to the team and motivate them or something. Maybe that's the problem.

For the first time in a looooong time, I saw a team out-will us. Not outplay us, but out-will us. That hurt more than losing, was seeing us not "want" to win as much as the other team.

K

kroki223

Here is my message. Sorry for it, but I was angry. Iniesta MOM against Chelsea? Don't tell me! Messi couldn't score because Xavi and iniesta didn't play well? He scored a lot of goals without them. He doesn't have help in front. No the main problem is, that the others couldn't score. Messi was hindered, because Xavi, Iniesta, Sanchez, Fabregas, Thiago Puyol couldn't score! Messi gave good balls, but where were Xavi and Iniesta with the good balls? why Iniesta played on the left?

Pepe Silvia

He averages about 4.5 a game in all comps so yeah 8 is freakish.

Against Chelsea last week, Messi had 6 dribbles. Second was Didier Drogba with 4.

All nice and everything to open up space and cause havoc to defenders, but when we aren't finishing our chances, it's all pointless. We need to straighten out that aspect of our game.

B

barcelonista

But seriously I think all of the players are responsible for the dink in performance, some to greater extend than others.

Not buying it. Xavi might have some distress. But Iniesta underperforming against Real (after a godly performance against Chelsea) was only down to Pep's tinkering with the formation. Iniesta looked clueless about what he was supposed to do. He was deployed near the left touchline as some sort of second winger inbetween Adriano and Tello (because Pep obviously didn't trust Tello and Adriano alone defensively on that side against Di Maria) while Xavi was deployed very far high up the pitch infront of Thiago and Busquets who were doing some sort of double-pivot partnership infront of a 3 man backline. :lol: No one was comfortable in such an experimental lineup in such a big game. He played a fullback as a striker, a central midfielder as a winger, expected Busquets to play 2 positions at the same time, Thiago to cover Busquets' ass and also deliver something offensively, Xavi to be a striker and a 20 year old B player to perform in one of the biggest games of the season. Pep wants to be unpredictable and confuse the opponent? He only confused his own players. While Mourinho for the first time showed some balls and played his usual 4-2-3-1 formation that he is playing for 2 years now, Pep shat himself. And the sad thing is: Real didn't even play well. No high pressure game. No chances after chances. Nothing. A scrappy corner goal and a well executed counter attack. Both goals preventable by Valdes alone. They played better when they lost 1-3 at home. If Ronaldo didn't bottle it back then, they would have scored at least 3 goals from open play.

Don't blame the players. Blame Pep. If you play 60 different formations within a season and show no consistency, players won't perform consistently either. FACT.

Last edited:
Z

ZiZu

Apparently we gave missed 14 out of 16 clear chances in the last 3 games !!
Seen a rumour that Messi has missed two days training due to illness .

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Thankfully he gets this summer off, he will be able to finally get proper rest... I hope he takes it easy in the benefit matches, though...

Pepe Silvia

Pep on the walkie talkie to the gate guard: "soon as you see Messi, turn his little ass away... taze him if necessary, just don't let him in, send him HOME!"

Messi casually strolling to the pitch in full warm up gear moments later. In classic Messi smile, "Ready for practice, coach!"

"...but how'd you?!"

:pep:

Vapor

Messi is way too epic. It is just so awe inspiring to watch him perform his art. Sheer beauty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKiQw-bIXPc

Hearing that they gave Messi an extra day of full rest... oh man :worthy::party1: Now I absolutely cannot WAIT for tomorrow!

Win or lose I expect to see the Barcelona art at its finest, that is all the joy and that is what ultimately matters most to me

Hatem Ben Arfa

Not buying it. Xavi might have some distress. But Iniesta underperforming against Real (after a godly performance against Chelsea) was only down to Pep's tinkering with the formation. Iniesta looked clueless about what he was supposed to do. He was deployed near the left touchline as some sort of second winger inbetween Adriano and Tello (because Pep obviously didn't trust Tello and Adriano alone defensively on that side against Di Maria) while Xavi was deployed very far high up the pitch infront of Thiago and Busquets who were doing some sort of double-pivot partnership infront of a 3 man backline. :lol: No one was comfortable in such an experimental lineup in such a big game. He played a fullback as a striker, a central midfielder as a winger, expected Busquets to play 2 positions at the same time, Thiago to cover Busquets' ass and also deliver something offensively, Xavi to be a striker and a 20 year old B player to perform in one of the biggest games of the season. Pep wants to be unpredictable and confuse the opponent? He only confused his own players. While Mourinho for the first time showed some balls and played his usual 4-2-3-1 formation that he is playing for 2 years now, Pep shat himself. And the sad thing is: Real didn't even play well. No high pressure game. No chances after chances. Nothing. A scrappy corner goal and a well executed counter attack. Both goals preventable by Valdes alone. They played better when they lost 1-3 at home. If Ronaldo didn't bottle it back then, they would have scored at least 3 goals from open play.

Don't blame the players. Blame Pep. If you play 60 different formations within a season and show no consistency, players won't perform consistently either. FACT.

For once I actually agree with most of what you are saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans