10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast

The Observer
Lol @ the Riquelme article on the front page btw

:lol: Melina ex-Roman girlfriend says she wanted sex all the time and Roman refused cause it affects his performance

if he is indeed fit for these next two games, we should play him and then give him a week off (from games, training, everything) afterwards. bring him back for the dynamo game or maybe even the espanyol one.

That's what we head about CR as well.. things could get ugly as the next 2 games aren't a walk in the park

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
That's what we head about CR as well.. things could get ugly as the next 2 games aren't a walk in the park

I think both messi and CR will be on the bench for the CL games. CR will come on with about 20-30 mins left to get some minutes. and messi will only come on if we need him to.

then they'll both start el clasico.

Beast

The Observer
maybe THAT explains why he bottles big games?

I think I may need to hire the barcaforum detectives for this!
Yes we do , i'm going to do the dirty job of frisking Melina .. yummy

Time to bring out the placentas..

Or the pussy as they used to say in the old times :p
It's quite an interesting therapy

I think both messi and CR will be on the bench for the CL games. CR will come on with about 20-30 mins left to get some minutes. and messi will only come on if we need him to.

then they'll both start el clasico.
very possible scenario but with 82 % of the votes saying Inter-Barca is more important than the Classico , Pep could play him early if he can play

you're playing Zürich at home ffs. :lol:

for Barca not for us ;)

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
Catalan sports paper Sport reports that Lionel Messi underwent several scans and an MRI at the Hospital of Barcelona this morning in order to know the extent of the injury he suffered against Athletic and the outcome of these tests has been more positive than expected.

As reported by the club’s medical services, Messi suffered “a grade 1 lesion in the left leg adductor, which does not rule out his involvement in Tuesday’s match against Inter” but everything depends on developments of his condition in the coming days.

A grade 1 lesion, ultrasonographically, means that the injury is slightly hypoechoic, indicating some fiber disruption but not a real “tear”, per se. It means that there was an area that appeared somewhat darker on the ultrasound image, but the fiber pattern was still visible (as opposed to a tear, which would be a big dark hole)

V

Valon

Messi not counted out for Inter

www.fcbarcelona.cat

Messi has a 1st degree injury in the adductor of his left thigh. But he may still be fit to play on Tuesday.

Extensive examinations were made of the player this morning, including various echographies and magnetic resonance. There are still further evaluations to be made before making a decision as to his availability for the game against Inter, as announced today by the Club Medical Services.

Ibrahimovic improving

An echography on the player has shown that his recovery from an ischiotibial injury is progressing well. Further evaluations will be made of the player over the next two days, and there is a strong possibility that he could even be ready in time for the match with Inter.

Touré, almost certainly out

The Medical Services have revealed that the player is still feeling very ill and is highly unlikely to be able to play on Tuesday.

:)

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
In a short interchange with Catalan sports paper El Mundo Deportivo yesterday, after his medical tests, Barcelona forward Lionel Messi responding to a question about his participation in tomorrow’s match only said, “We will advance (to the next round)”.

After being diagnosed as only suffering from a grade 1 lesion in his left thigh’s adductor muscles (lesions range from grade 1 to 3, with 1 being the slightest degree), his participation is not being ruled out.

Messi said he will do everything he can to play but insist the team is strong enough without him: “It is unfortunate that this happens now because I have always dreamt of playing these matches, but even if I don’t make it, nothing bad will happen because we are a team of winners, and we will advance as it is (without me)”.

And despite the numerous casualties suffered by Barcelona, Messi has faith in his teammates: “No matter who plays, let us not forget that we are Barca and we have a great team”.

The injury suffered by Messi is the Argentinian’s first in 19 months, and that can be attributed to the great injury-prevention regime being carried out on Barcelona players since Pep Guardiola took over the team last season. A change of diet – adding a lot of fish and suppressing meat and beverages such as Coca-Cola, muscle stretching exercises before and after every training sessions, and insisting on the inclusion of the club’s physiotherapist, Juanjo Brau whenever Messi plays for Argentina has now borne fruit.

In fact, the last time Messi was injured was on March 4, 2008, when he suffered a hamstring tear in his left thigh and was out for five weeks. In the whole of last season, playing 51 matches, the Barcelona number ‘10 ‘ did not miss a single match due to injury.

At this point, everything points to his inclusion in the squad tomorrow but as has been voiced by the club’s former head of medical services, Josep Borrell, in an interview with Catalunya’s ‘COM Radio’, “If he plays tomorrow, there is a possibility he could be out for one month,” so it is predicted that Guardiola will not take that risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans