10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kroki223

Part of Barcelona's problem the season gone was the complete Messi Dependencia, everything went through him unlike previous seasons before.

When he was marked out of a game Barcelona didn't look any threat whatsoever, but in all fairness it sucked a little that Villa was out for so long.

Please, don't write it! What are you talking about? Messi had possibility to score in every game, and he gave his teammates a lot of balls, from which others could have scored!!! WHERE WERE THE OTHERS IN LAST SEASON???

Last edited:
M

mitkoa7x

Part of Barcelona's problem the season gone was the complete Messi Dependencia, everything went through him unlike previous seasons before.

When he was marked out of a game Barcelona didn't look any threat whatsoever, but in all fairness it sucked a little that Villa was out for so long.

I agree with you sadly. Leo being the super beast that he is, carried the team through the whole season, with occasional moments of brilliance by the others. I know its not possible to have the whole squad in top form the whole season but they should try to keep up with him.

Hatem Ben Arfa

is that because he didn't trust his supporting cast of strikers? or because they all just wanted to give the ball to Messi and let him beat 11 players by himself?

I know he was frustrated by Cuenca and Tello when they filled in for Alexis, Pedro & Villa's absence.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
It's because the others didn't perform, sadly... Villa and Ibi were hospitalized, Alexis spent half the time injured, Pedro was off form, and Tello & Cuenca did well given the circumstances.

M

mitkoa7x

Barcaforum: 90% Messi fans. 10% Barca fans.

EINT0.gif

K

kroki223

I think Messi Tello, and Cuenca didn't play too much together, and they don't know well each other.

AzaR

Yeh the problem was definitely our wide players.

David Villa was out all season, that itself is 20 less goals.

Pedro got injured and just couldn't find his form again.

Sanchez when he did play was great but was always picking up injuries.

Cuenca and Tello both did a good job but were unfortunately threw into the deep end due to problems with other wingers, for example Tello should have never been playing in a possible title deciding clasico. When you look at the stats and see they scored 5 goals in 31 league games (aware not all games they started) compared to the goal scoring stats of our other wingers it is obvious wide players were what caused us problems.

I can't see us having the problems we had had upfront last season in the upcoming season. (well i hope not anyway)

sukhy

I thought that Messi will get back to being his dominant big game self next season if we have a fully fit front line, I thought last season he was given way too much to do in big games, with Alves as a winger on the right (when he is 10x better as a full back) and with either a half fit Alexis, an off form Pedro or the inexperienced Cuenca or Tello on the left. And with Cesc crowding his position and not knowing his true position, really fudged things up in big games. Hopefully, Tito uses 4-3-3 in the big games and lets Messi go back to his true false 9 position.

K

kroki223

sadly its true, especially after last year. to be honest they are really annoying too, thats why they end up in my ignore list :D

I don't think it should be annoying. Messi has got a lot of fans. Don't ignore such people, please!

Last edited:
K

kroki223

Villa was injured, Alexis was almost every month out, Pedro didn't perform well. That was the problem last season.

I agree with you. It's time till Tello Cuenca and Messi can play well together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans