10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatalinR10

Vilanova: "Lifetime contract Messi? He's the best player in the world now, maybe already best in history, hopefully he can retire here."

:tito:

Garrus

I'm kinda happy messi stopped his dribbling 'habit', Yes it is a joy to watch and it's like a benchmark for messi, But we can't hide the fact that not all his dribbles are 'Useful' or lead to goals, A lot of times he dribbles two then get's stopped by the a third player, Making the effort redundant.
Dribbling is energy consuming and if he decides to use it, Then it's when he thinks that after it there is a high chance to score a goal, Which i think that's what he's doing this season.

J

jiopi

I'm kinda happy messi stopped his dribbling 'habit', Yes it is a joy to watch and it's like a benchmark for messi, But we can't hide the fact that not all his dribbles are 'Useful' or lead to goals, A lot of times he dribbles two then get's stopped by the a third player, Making the effort redundant.
Dribbling is energy consuming and if he decides to use it, Then it's when he thinks that after it there is a high chance to score a goal, Which i think that's what he's doing this season.
Last season in league Messi had one successful dribble for every 18,6 minutes, this season so far for every 18,9 minutes. There's hardly any difference.

CatalinR10

Diego Buonanotte (Malaga): "I like everything about Messi. I enjoy watching him play when we face Barcelona, even when we lose." [espnradio]

Henry_IB

Banned
I would so be in favor of remaking CL as Rosell has proposed, reduce the amount of teams in the top tier divison so less games are played in the national league and instead you play more CL games so CL becomes more of a league than a cup.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I'm not sure... I think it'd make it feel less exclusive and prestigious + I like the idea of national competitions

Henry_IB

Banned
I'd much rather see Barcelona play big teams from other countries than say Granda, where everyone expects Barcelona to win. Also, given the nature of CL as it currently stands, the best team doesn't always win (Chelsea cough cough). Playing CL as a league rather than a cup would eliminate luck with draws and if you happen to have 1 bad game (injuries, temporarily bad form), it doesn't mean the end of your chance of winning it.

So I don't really agree with CL becoming less prestigious if played as a league, if anything I'd say it increases.

Paganinisrvnge

I'd much rather see Barcelona play big teams from other countries than say Granda, where everyone expects Barcelona to win. Also, given the nature of CL as it currently stands, the best team doesn't always win (Chelsea cough cough). Playing CL as a league rather than a cup would eliminate luck with draws and if you happen to have 1 bad game (injuries, temporarily bad form), it doesn't mean the end of your chance of winning it.

So I don't really agree with CL becoming less prestigious if played as a league, if anything I'd say it increases.

I think the unpredictability of the Champions League is part of what makes it so special. Having it as a league would diminish the excitement that we see in the knockout stages. I do agree that it would eliminate luck(I don't think any team will ever again have so much luck in one CL campaign as Chelsea did last year) to have it as a league but it would just make it lose its luster. Keep the CL how it is.

CatalinR10

Messi will on 25/26 October receive the Golden Shoe award for best goalscorer in Europe last season. He scored a record 50 Liga goals. [md]

footyfan

Calma, calma
He's a much much better player now compared to 3-4 years ago. Barca as a team have probably remained the same - maybe their defence is a little worse off but it's probably because of the constant shuffling. The opposition are a lot better. 3-4 years ago, they didnt know what to do against Barca. Now it seems everyone does. Yet Barca keep on winning because of how good Messi has become.

CatalinR10

As part of his renewal, Barcelona will offer Messi to become anbassador of the club after he has retired as an active player [intereconomia]

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

CatalinR10

Last season in league Messi had one successful dribble for every 18,6 minutes, this season so far for every 18,9 minutes. There's hardly any difference.

Lionel Messi has completed the most dribbles per Liga game this season: 4 #fcblive Atletico's Arda Turan has average of 3 [via @whoscored]
:pep:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans