10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
660720010.jpg

J

jtmx12

Well.... when I go to play football with my best friends we have tantrums on each other every single game but after the game we are like i said , best friends. What do you all expect from players when playing at this level and when in the 70-80 minutes it's still 0-0 and some of the players miss some clear chances ? Give these guys a break , it's totally normal to yell at eatch other during some matches.

The fact is it was minute 45. There was a whole second half to fix it, and at least we weren't losing... Villa's pass wasn't great, but at least he tried to, but even that wasn't enough for Messi...

Messi is a world class player and everyone watch him, and learn from him, specially kids. I'm pretty sure your best friends don't have the same status. There's no excuses for this kind of behaviour.

F

Flavia

The fact is it was minute 45. There was a whole second half to fix it, and at least we weren't losing... Villa's pass wasn't great, but at least he tried to, but even that wasn't enough for Messi...

Messi is a world class player and everyone watch him, and learn from him, specially kids. I'm pretty sure your best friends don't have the same status. There's no excuses for this kind of behaviour.
That's too harsh on Messi. He didn't kill anyone, he just lost it for a minute. He really wanted to win this game. Did you see his celebration for Xavi's goal? These things happen, to take them out of proportion like this is what I don't understand.

Henry_IB

Banned

Talk about making a huge deal over it, you're acting as if he ran up to villa, spat him in the face, punshed him in the stomach and then urinated on him while he was laying down. Loose up a bit.

I agree that is isn't particular nice to see but then again, this is far from common behaviour from Messi. You have no insight into his personal life, he could perhaps have been under a lot of stress for some reason. These kind of things happen in football, that's the reality, football players are human too. As long as it is an occasional thing there's no need to be worried.

F

Flavia

Talk about making a huge deal over it, you're acting as if he ran up to villa, spat him in the face, punshed him in the stomach and then urinated on him while he was laying down. Loose up a bit.

I agree that is isn't particular nice to see but then again, this is far from common behaviour from Messi. You have no insight into his personal life, he could perhaps have been under a lot of stress for some reason.
I imagined that scene on my head, hahaha. His baby is due next month. He surely is under stress, the last month of pregnancy is really uncomfortable for the woman.

Colin

I don't think this is very fair. How about how Puyol has dealt with Pique at times? We seem to understand that and even praise it as leadership, but Messi can't say anything towards Villa without it being some kind of disgraceful, unacceptable behavior? I disagree with that interpretation

Also, I don't think it's okay to judge people moment to moment. You don't know what's going on in someone's life that day. Give people a break. Have you guys really never lashed out at any friends before?

I was proud of their drive today. If that game showed us one thing, it's that they won't be accepting any losses! Can't wait for next week :).

J

jiopi

Had multiple chances, created multiple chances, looked very lively and sharp, good game, only Granada goal keeper having the game of his life stopped this to be a great game.

di-1WO4.gif

di-YW0H.gif

That's just inspirational. :worthy:

hellsangel1

Worst game that i've seen from him from a long time. There was just very little link-up play between our attacking players and I guess that's what frustrated him.

J

jtmx12

Messi will keep getting frustrated if Cesc keeps playing at the same time with him. I remember they used to play great together in a few games back in 2011, but since then they are awful together. Messi usually can't be in a better position because Cesc usually takes it and vice versa.. xD

Last edited:

Diogo28

There's no reason to be concerned knowking that a couple matches before they we're having some "bromance" moments on the bench. :pep:

Players argue with each other, and if it doesnt affect the team its ok.

ShandyFFM

is it only me or did messi have a very very poor game ? his finishing wasnt to his normal level and his dribbling too. as i mentioned before messi has less space than in previous years. and today he missed so many chance . ok tono was superb but messi behaved strange with villa and in his hole game... im not sure if messi should try to change his game a little more... i mean he has one of the best curved shots i have seen but he rarely shots from outside the box....he needs to shoot a bit more and dont try to beat all defenders and get into the box...although he might train his right foot a bit more... but who am i to judge the best ever...so keep it up messi

Juan03

Should definitely shoot more from outside the 18, but that goes for everyone else in the team as well.
He has also been uncharacteristically too static for the past few games, he could at least try to get the ball back when he loses it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans